Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Death - Stuck on 'Press Esc'  (Read 811 times)

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
Death - Stuck on 'Press Esc'
« on: March 23, 2010, 01:08:59 pm »

When I die in Adventure Mode and it says 'Press Esc to Quit', pressing Esc does nothing. I have tried every key and no luck, the only solution is using task manager to end the process... What is wrong?
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Death - Stuck on 'Press Esc'
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 01:48:49 pm »

The problem is that you are using one of the 40D#'s with the known "Escape to quit" bug.  Try using a different number or regular 40d.
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

CrazyTim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 09:57:37 pm »

Sometimes I'd have that problem with 40d16, but other times, it'd work like swish, and no problems would arise. But then again, my computer sucks the big one, so Yeah...
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 02:28:08 am »

Ah, thats why... Im using 40d16 as the newest version that is compatible with stuff like VisFort and Dwarf Therapist. Ah well...
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.