Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legendary Workshops  (Read 477 times)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Legendary Workshops
« on: August 31, 2006, 02:12:00 am »

I'm thinking that no 'legendary' craftsdwarf would deign to work in a standard workshop. They'd probably have quite a big ego and be quite demanding. How about having to build a larger workshop, from multiple materials (that the legendary craftsdwarf in question likes) to try to draw them to it. The legendary craftsdwarf would have to 'claim it' in much the same manner that mooded dwarves do, except no artifacts, and you could determine what they produce. This would allow you to keep in check what items are produced masterfully.

You could also add in 'bad' thoughts to legendary craftsdwarves like 'has been unhappy recently at the lack of a personal workshop befitting his mastery.', and you could also make them in competition with other legendary dwarves of same talent, and make them unhappy when the other dwarf gets more work than they do 'has been unhappy with a rival's workload.'

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

qalnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary Workshops
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 01:10:00 pm »

I was thinking along these lines.. Specifically that in general it would be kind of cool if dwarves could own the various means of production.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 01:39:00 pm »

That sounds like a job for Liberal Dwarf Squad again.

Dwarves of the Proletariat, rise up and claim your workshops as your own!  You have nothing to lose but your cheap silk ropes!

[ August 31, 2006: Message edited by: Aquillion ]

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

DeepQantas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 04:49:00 am »

As a kind of secondary idea, I found myself wanting to designate certain workshops to dwarves of only certain level of mastery. More specifically, Mason's Workshops.

I've no problem with any dabbling mason working on stone blocks, but when I'm using dark stone to build quality furniture for the nobles I don't want newbies coming over and ruining the building materials.

~m /o/