Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Worldgen Jackpot  (Read 1302 times)

OldManNeck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Worldgen Jackpot
« on: March 08, 2010, 08:34:25 pm »

So, after losing my fortress today, I decided to check out Legends mode. And for some reason, all the elf civilizations were gone. I then checked Adventurer Mode, and theirs no elven civs to start from. So, as far as I know, there are no elves alive on my continent. Pretty cool, eh?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 08:41:17 pm by OldManNeck »
"We sell products and get in fights"-Saxton Hale

Chicken Launcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Poultry Technician
    • View Profile
Re: Worldgen Jackpot
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 08:54:55 pm »

I think it's the same for my current fort. It's been a few years and I haven't seen elves as traders nor attackers. I'll have to check legends mode.
"Did you ever notice any time you see two groups of people who really hate each other, chances are good they’re wearing different kinds of hats? Keep an eye on that, it might be important." - George Carlin

Umi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 08:57:38 pm »

To be sure you need to go through the entities list and make sure all the elves have a death date.  If there are any alive then you must make sure to hunt them down like the cannibals they are.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 09:07:49 am »

Hmm, this happens occasionaly on the custom worldgen parameters I use. I like my world barren and inhospitable, so not much forests get generated. So when the only forest turns out to be evil, theres no elves. Or the useless bunch find some 6 tiles of forest, and get razed by a megabeast a couple years later.

Its a bit of a bummer, I like to have some elves to bully (and murder). And clearcutting my map just isnt as much fun without elves to cry over all those tree-stumps.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 04:14:16 pm »

If you can't make an adventurer, then there never was an elf civ.  You probably didn't have enough forests that were habitable.  I know elves won't settle in evil and they may not settle in savage either.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.