Advanced search  

Author Topic: GCS...  (Read 600 times)

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
GCS...
« on: March 01, 2010, 11:33:34 pm »

Is there any way to get the elves to bring GCS? any tags i'd need to add?

I've begun to think of them as cute, misunderstood "Chirring" creatures, who only want to be loved and nuzzle Dwarf faces off....
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GCS...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 12:09:46 am »

Add [USE_CAVE_ANIMALS] to the elves' entity file, and they might be able to bring them. I say "might" because civilizations have access only to resources, including animals, that are close to their settlements (within a couple of region squares), and elves do not usually have settlements near mountains and thus usually do not have access to GCSs.

Or, add [USE_ANY_PET_RACE] to dwarves to allow them to bring them. This will also allow dwarves to use many, many other animals, though, so use with caution.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

shadowform

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 01:48:15 am »

If that tag does what it sounds like it would do, then it might allow them to bring GCS as mounts when they siege you.  Now THAT sounds like Fun!
Q: What do you get when you take 100 clear glass windows, 1000 silver bars, 6700 gold bars, and 18,000 marble blocks?

A: A very large wall.

"Alright, here's Helltooth... Harborfence... Urist, come get GenericBlade... and you. Welcome to the Danger Room. First timers get good ol' Ballswallowed. Have fun and try not to take off your own toe."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 05:19:46 am »

That could be avoided by removing any [MOUNT] tag present.

Alternatively, add a new species of Giant Forest Spider which stalks the trees in packs.

It made ambushes in Adventure Mode more interesting, at least.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"