Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Illustrate Your Moment  (Read 3553 times)

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
Re: Illustrate Your Moment
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2010, 11:25:27 pm »

Well, I meant that the Troglodyte was standing next to the bed she was resting in and attacking her.  If you don't wanna do it, don't worry about it, lol.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 10:09:12 am »

Champion Soldiers Cancel Charge: Striking a Powerpose.

FLEX MUSCLE!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 11:24:12 am »

Illustrate my Marksdwarf sitting back and watching a Giat Olm eat his friend, my woodcutter, then shoot it point-blank in the face.

I mean, WTF?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2010, 12:13:56 pm »

Several months after 12 migrant fish dissectors, soap makers and milkers were drafted and stationed in the Chamber of Attrition™.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 12:41:34 pm »

Well, I meant that the Troglodyte was standing next to the bed she was resting in and attacking her.  If you don't wanna do it, don't worry about it, lol.
I could attempt it, but I like making drawings I can put some humor in, and I just can't see any way to make this funny. If you still want me to draw something, maybe you could suggest a different moment?
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 11:08:44 pm »

Ah, I gotchya.  Ok, I'll probably come up with something later, you can just skip it for now.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2010, 11:17:15 pm »

This one's kinda complicated...

A goblin decapitating an elf merchant.

With the elf's head flying over the fort's moat, through a fortification, and landing inside the fort, covering everything behind it in a trail of blood.

...Feel free to take liberties. It's basically a head flying through a window.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 01:39:29 am »

This one's kinda complicated...

A goblin decapitating an elf merchant.

With the elf's head flying over the fort's moat, through a fortification, and landing inside the fort, covering everything behind it in a trail of blood.

...Feel free to take liberties. It's basically a head flying through a window.

Could have a hauler with an armful of skull totems (or whatever) saying 'Well, 's better'n th' cloth.'
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 02:35:09 am »

How about siege operators/lever pullers having a party when the goblin ambush arrives?

Player gives the "fire at will" or the "close drawbridge" order, and the dwarves are sort of like "Wait man I'm buzzing right now, let me finish this sewer brew and then I'll be right there".

Other potentially funny things (that you're certainly not obligated to draw, just perhaps inspiration :P):
  • Dwarves fleeing in terror from groundhogs until they're drafted into the military and, conversely, draftees in the military charging a dragon with no training and nothing but the (flammable) clothes on their back.
  • Woodcutters turning up, axe and all, to your desert/glacier fortress.
  • A one-square meeting room party pile. Watch as every single resident of your fortress tries to stand on top of the others and talk. Presumably, it looks like they're playing mass Twister.
  • Throwing extremely light objects (butterflies, sand, etc.) with lethal velocity in adventure mode.
  • Arrows/bolts which pierce both lungs and the heart in one shot.
  • Cats and their mind-control adoption powers.
  • Dungeon masters and their tendency to wear nothing but socks and dozens of cloaks.
  • The last moments of a dwarf (noble?) ordered to pull the suicide-lever.

Grafsburg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mad Catta
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2010, 02:10:31 pm »

Right, this happened on a slightly modded game, but once my fortress was invaded by goblins, and a pet ring-tailed lemur (creature I added) attacked a goblin and ripped his arm off. It was incredibly epic, and I gave the lemur a hero's burial in a platinum sarcophagus (because he died later in the siege).
"The great thing about music is that when it hits you, you feel no pain." ~Bob Marley

Heliomance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 04:47:23 pm »

My legendary mason sitting in a (relatively) dry spot in the middle of the river, frantically trying to build walls as the pumps labour to stop him being flooded as he works.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 10:06:20 pm »

My "fall 20 Z levels and die" tower extends a bit past the outer walls... so as my dwarves run outside to collect the gear from the already dead goblins, goblin POWs are falling to their violent deaths all around the haulers just outside the gates.

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2010, 04:27:53 am »

That first second after the miner digs too deep and unspoils that which is spoilered.  The dorfs and everything else just all looks at eachother like "???"
...likes Dwarf Fortresses for their terrifying features...

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2010, 11:35:37 pm »

It's not a specific moment, but what about all those times when two creatures are grappling each other with improbably body parts? I'd love to see a picture of a dwarf grappling a goblin by grabbing it's upper body with his third toe left foot.
Er...

I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2010, 12:03:06 am »

How about a chapter-by-chapter comic time-lapse summary of the rise of  the Bloodfist?

There are still a few more left to do, but I should have enough material  for you to work with.

Pages: 1 [2]