Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Building Round arenas and buildings?  (Read 1265 times)

Drug_unit

• Bay Watcher
  • he needs the golden gauntlets to pimp slap whit
    • View Profile
Building Round arenas and buildings?
« on: February 26, 2010, 12:52:34 pm »

Im currently planning do create my first arena but i find it difficult do make a round building.
I know there was a image that helped do make round buildings somewhere on this forum so if anyone can find it i will be happy.
Dwarven statistics: When something is considered unlikely, the presence of dwarves increases the likelyhood of the unusual event occuring.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Besides, it's somehow enjoyable to think of groundhogs stacked to the very top of a cage and flooding out to kill.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Building Round arenas and buildings?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 12:58:17 pm »

An alternate method is to use a paint program with a circle tool. Zoom in close enough to see individual pixels with ease and turn on the grid view. Then you can use the circle tool to make a circle of whatever size you want and copy that design into whatever designs you want. Paint is good, although getting a circle perfectly around and withe the correct diameter is a little tricky. Paint.net offers some helpful information in the dimensions of circles, but I fear the algorithm is flawed. Gimp could do it, but it might be a little too complex for this task.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 01:16:12 pm »

Im currently planning do create my first arena but i find it difficult do make a round building.
I know there was a image that helped do make round buildings somewhere on this forum so if anyone can find it i will be happy.
Here it is. I suggest you bookmark it. I know I did.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 06:10:45 pm »

Paint is good, although getting a circle perfectly around and withe the correct diameter is a little tricky.
If you hold the Shift button as you drag the circle out it will be perfectly round.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 06:18:20 pm »

Round yes. 35 pixels wide as opposed to 34 however is a bit trickier.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 06:25:27 pm »

Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 11:44:18 pm »

you can use the x,y co-ordinates at the bottom of the paint window to help you out there.

after a while, you've seen enough you can do your own, which is significantly faster.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Drug_unit

• Bay Watcher
  • he needs the golden gauntlets to pimp slap whit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 05:17:31 am »

Well Thanks guys the colouseum on my above ground fort is being built as we speak so the admins can close this thread if they want.
Dwarven statistics: When something is considered unlikely, the presence of dwarves increases the likelyhood of the unusual event occuring.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Besides, it's somehow enjoyable to think of groundhogs stacked to the very top of a cage and flooding out to kill.