Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Worldgen Request  (Read 553 times)

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Worldgen Request
« on: February 25, 2010, 11:28:49 pm »

So, I'm trying to find a way to entertain myself for the month or so I suspect it'll take until we have the next version all bugfixed and released. I've decided I want to try and find a very high z-level volcano or magma pipe, with a river (or ocean) below it. Props if there is a cliff involved somehow, but the important part is the ability to make magma rain down from on-high. I found a world like this searching the forums, but unfortunately it was a pocket world and I mostly stick to large ones (so I can switch to a tropical or glacial biome if I want to, later).

Anyone happen to have a large world with such a site on it?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worldgen Request
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 11:43:40 pm »

Just curious, what pocket world was did you see this in?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 12:02:42 am »

I will have to find the thread, but I had a similar request a couple months back.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 12:30:09 am »

It was on the Worldgen extremes leaderboard, http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=36246.0, under 'Tallest Lavapipe Location'

Unfortunately, everytime /I/ try to play with a volcano, the lava level is on the lowest ground z-level, at least as of late.

Foehamster

• Bay Watcher
  • Zig Frostrushes The Speachless Eater of Saints
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 12:41:33 am »

Pump the magma higher?

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 12:47:07 am »

No, I don't want to set up some sort of absurdly complex magma-safe pumping project. I want a volcano that is actually above things, so I can channel it out onto lower things.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 01:19:03 am »

No, I don't want to set up some sort of absurdly complex magma-safe pumping project. I want a volcano that is actually above things, so I can channel it out onto lower things.
Agree'd, magma pumping is a pain.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.