Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: War Cats  (Read 678 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
War Cats
« on: February 21, 2010, 12:58:00 am »

What exactly can I do to make cats trainable? I can't figure it out.

Now I could figure out flying...like that show on the history channel I watched...
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War Cats
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 01:09:12 am »

Making cats trainable is as simple as adding [trAINABLE] to their entry in creature_domestic. Then, you go to the kennel and designate training of war dogs (yes, really) and if a non-adopted cat is the nearest trainable animal it will be trained by the animal trainer.

Flying... Flying is not so good for player races. They can't use it, and it also seems to screw up pets a bit (though not as much as sapient creatures are).
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 03:28:45 am »

Also it causes lag when they are in the air and cannot pathfind their way. I'd suggest not to use flying on anything in the current version.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 06:42:16 am »

You mean Life after People?  Where you had the possibility of the flying Cat Forests in the remains of the sky scrapers?

(Technincally the cats glide not fly)  But yeah that was great I wanna see more Aerial Cat Forests.

But yeah just add the [trAINABLE] Tag to the cats and it works,  also I think most of the newer versions of the kennel name as "War animal" now,  I think I have Hunter/War Wolves and was considering adding trainable to bears and Rhesus.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 07:58:24 am »

You mean Life after People?  Where you had the possibility of the flying Cat Forests in the remains of the sky scrapers?

(Technincally the cats glide not fly)  But yeah that was great I wanna see more Aerial Cat Forests.

But yeah just add the [trAINABLE] Tag to the cats and it works,  also I think most of the newer versions of the kennel name as "War animal" now,  I think I have Hunter/War Wolves and was considering adding trainable to bears and Rhesus.
Hey, somebody else saw that show!

Flying cats are better though!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.