Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DQ re-expanded (WIP)  (Read 750 times)

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of apathy
    • View Profile
DQ re-expanded (WIP)
« on: February 22, 2010, 09:01:23 am »

I'm not really sure of the interest in this, but thought I'd share it anyways. I would have posted in the DQ expanded thread, but fear of necromancy stopped me.

So I got this graphic set a while back and was waiting to understand the game a bit more before trying to use it, the non-square tiles worried me a bit. I decided to try it out, but wanted square tiles so I made them square but was wondering why the ocean creatures were unfinished. I decided to fill it in with some more, also to separate the files in order to aid the addition of more creatures and such in the future.

The only changes so far are to the sea creatures, so credit for everything else goes to their original creators. (Deep Qantas and Isenhertz? Tell me if I'm wrong)

So what I've added as of now (each including child/zombie/skeleton):
  • finished Mermaid
  • Short/Longfin Mako
  • Stingray
  • Manta Ray
  • Tiger Shark
  • Conger Eel
  • Hammerhead Shark
  • Swordfish
  • Marlin (yes, they look different)
  • and Barracuda

What I need is some people to test it out and see that the animals/civs are all working properly. I've never seen most of the sea creatures, so if somebody would like to alter the raws to force them to spawn and let me know I'd appreciate it!  :)

If there's any interest I would be happy to continue adding to this, including any suggestions people might have. So please check it out, thanks!

Download here:DQ RX

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
Re: DQ re-expanded (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 03:49:51 am »

Can we get some screens?

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 01:36:44 pm »

Sure, I didn't put any up since they're mostly same as DQ expanded and haven't seen the ones I changed in-game yet, but here's the sea creatures that have been added.

My changes are surrounded with a blue line, also Flickr turns it into a jpg, and it's blown up a bit so you can see, so it looks all blurry and nasty, trust me the real file is not like that.

For an example of the dwarves check the wiki page here, or the original post (though they have been updated since then). The curses tileset shown in his screens are not included in mine since I don't use them.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 02:29:55 pm »

Thanks, always cool to check out new tilesets.