Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
Trading
« on: November 22, 2007, 06:56:00 pm »

Ok. I'm really mad now.

I ordered anvils last autumn (year one). Here come the traders- all they've brought is 2 anvils (heavy!)- ok, I don't need anything else. I immediately order the dorfs to bring all the crafts to the depot, one by one (the anvils are 1500 each!) and disable all the jobs for the broker. He starts by hauling a few items but then stays at the depot. While I wait for the dorfs to haul enough crafts for me to buy the anvil, the broker starts hauling again. Then he goes to sleep. I immediately get scared, disable all the remaining haul-to-depot orders and allow anyone to trade. Nothing happens. The traders depart.

I've marked the things that SHOULD ABSOLUTELY NEVER HAPPEN or shouldn't be necessary at all in bold.

[ November 22, 2007: Message edited by: Mike Mayday ]

[ November 22, 2007: Message edited by: Mike Mayday ]

<3

Elitay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trading
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 08:55:00 pm »

Perhaps, next time, you should store all your crafts in bins?

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
Re: Trading
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 03:53:00 am »

Yes- still, the events of that day were truly unacceptable. I was nervous because at the same time my armoursmith was in a secretive mood!
I saved the game just as the broker went to sleep (cause I got so scared) and reloaded. I woke him up by removing the bed from under him- muttering something about managers and bastards, he scuffled to the depot and we finally managed to buy those anvils.
After that, a forge was quickly built and my armoursmith created an artifact platinum plate armour!
<3