Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tag Suggestions  (Read 528 times)

Pathos

Tag Suggestions
« on: February 22, 2010, 06:17:37 pm »

I'm sure we all have that thought in our heads of "what would be cool" to put in game, but there's not QUITE that tag to fit it. So, why not have a thread to suggest what tags we'd love to be able to use in game?

My suggestion:
[DOMESTIC:(PHRASE)] / [USE_DOMESTIC:(PHRASE)]
Basically, this allows the phrase to link up from one creature to a civ and to allow that civ to use the creature as a domestic animal, instead of all civs who are able to use domestic creatures using it. Simple and elegant, really.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: Tag Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 06:21:29 pm »

Races are in the RAWs but civs aren't.   There could be a civ of dwarves that becomes mixed with elves to the point of being mostly an elven civ, and then things become complicated.   But at the same time, having a simple racial domestication tag is too simple, since cultures should be able to expand and learn in the future.

Pathos

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 06:34:19 pm »

Races are in the RAWs but civs aren't.   There could be a civ of dwarves that becomes mixed with elves to the point of being mostly an elven civ, and then things become complicated.   But at the same time, having a simple racial domestication tag is too simple, since cultures should be able to expand and learn in the future.

Ah, I'm not denying that at all. And, that's happening in the next version, I believe ( something about a human taming jaguars and using them in a siege? ), but I'd just like to be able to tag a bunch of civs as using these animals as defaults.

It just feels a bit awkward with my kobolds using llamas as goods carriers instead of velociraptors etc.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 09:21:31 pm »

Races are in the RAWs but civs aren't.

Huh?

Anyway, this has come up before (found with a search for "domestic").