Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strange mood construction distraction!  (Read 860 times)

Waladil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Strange mood construction distraction!
« on: February 20, 2010, 02:40:21 pm »

I apologize in advance if this bug is a.) already reported or b.) already fixed. I play 40d, not 40d#, so I don't know all the test updates.

Anyway, I was working on one of the super-packed artifacts (although I think that has nothing to do with the bug) and after my dwarf started to construct, some goblin ambushers assaulted my fortress. While they were no threat (don't worry, nobody died or was even noticeably wounded) my secretive dwarf seemed to get kicked out of his workshop and just stood around to the south, doing absolutely nothing. The building was "claimed" and he was just in a strange mood. I tried messing with him and trying to get him to move, to no avail. Eventually, I gave him up for dead and dug some channels around him. A bit later, for fun, I went underneath him and collapsed the floor he was standing on. After being knocked unconscious and waking up, he went straight upstairs and got back to work. It seems that he wasn't even really aware he had been moved until he fell.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Strange mood construction distraction!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 03:22:54 pm »

It sounds a lot like this one:

# 000356 □ [dwarf mode][moods]   mood dwarf wandered away from a workshop after gathering materials, possibly scared by something

Your report has more details, though, so it might help Toady track the bug down.