Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Additional screen movement hotkeys  (Read 1069 times)

tourettedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Additional screen movement hotkeys
« on: August 29, 2006, 03:16:00 pm »

Could the 'G' hotkey be expanded to a double-stroke one once you've hit the river/chasm/lava?  So, for instance, instead of hitting 'g' to go to the gate, hit 'g-g' for the gate, 'g-c' for the chasm, 'g-l' for the lava, etc.  Have it lock to the same y-coordinate as the gate, maybe.

UncleSporky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Additional screen movement hotkeys
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 04:28:00 pm »

Before that happens there would need to be a way to change the point your g button snaps to, otherwise you'd get a useless view of each feature if you moved your fortess north or south.

Y'know what, this is a good idea though.  Why should g just go to your fortress entrance?  Why not be able to specify points to toggle between by tapping g, like a surveillance camera in a mall?

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 12:58:00 am »

Excellent idea, for the surveillance-type thingy!
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 11:04:00 pm »

I was just thinking about this. A way to implement hotspots in the game, so you can set up number keys to zoom to a specific point, when used with ctrl-number.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 11:24:00 pm »

My idea was to let the player define their 'front gate' from any door using its 'q' menu.  They could have a front gate that's sunk into the mountain a little, even; sure, why not?  If they have a niche for the trade depot early on, they might want to put their "front gate" behind that.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One