Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Reviving Crimea's wonderful cause!  (Read 5391 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reviving Crimea's wonderful cause!
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2010, 04:48:17 am »

Armour, lots of armour, and guns too!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2010, 06:10:04 am »

You can buy combat body armor from Turkey for 100$ for 800 full suits.

As mentioned previously you can by AK/74s from Russia for 200$ per 400 guns
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2010, 08:30:08 am »

K, buy Armour for our peacekeepers, and guns for as many as we can afford.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2010, 12:20:34 pm »

Now, do you want to send everyone off straight away or would you like to get some Armour and Guns first?

What, if anything, will the U.N. provide? I'd want to leech off that as much as possible, since someone decided an unmanned frigate would be a better use of our funds.

We'll say we have until day four to purchase stuff and get it shipped to Germany, so unless I'm mistaken we have $2000 to play with for getting our initial wave of peacekeepers equipped...

Assuming that the U.N. provides nothing, first priority is going to be body armor for everyone. That's $900, and gives us 200 spare suits. With the $1100 that that leaves, we can only purchase 2200 AK's. I don't like the idea of sending out militia off unarmed, so:

a) If the U.N. will provide armor, weapons, or peacekeeping positions that don't require weapons (engineering, on-base things, etc.), take as many of those as possible. If our militia already has weapons, let them use those. Priority for the money remains armor > weapons, equipping as many troops as possible.

b) If there are cheaper weapons about to be purchased, go for those. Yes, the AK/74 is a better weapon than (say) the AK-47, but they are still both capable weapons, and I'm not entirely sure if our militia is well-enough trained for it to make much difference. The weapon will be new and unfamiliar to them anyway

c) Send as many troops as we can give an automatic rifle (plus the body armor we're giving them) to the UN, rather than all 7000. That gives us between 2200 and (potentially) 7000 troops, still well more than enough to properly equip the next mission

d) Any militia left over will be using the $400/day of taxation income towards training. I know right now we're at $100/3 days, but we've got until day 11 before we can do anything which (it's day 2 right now, right?) gives us three cycles of hopefully-increasing size as the new regulars help the elites train. Assuming that we spend a total of $700 on that training (in batches of 300/600/1200 as we go from 30 + 0 to 30 + 300 + 30 + 900 trainers), at day 11 we'll have 2,100 regulars and $2200, whereupon the UN will pay us at least $220,000 and we can look into getting some serious hardware.

From that:
1) How much would it cost to hire outside trainers, probably either from the US or Russia, and how would that affect our training rates? The faster we can train our militia into some kind of reasonably disciplined army the better.

2) What does the "serious hardware" price list look like? At this point, I'm most interested in anti-tank ordinance, anti-air and anti-ship missiles, rockets (particularly the mobile multiple-rocket launch systems, like surplus/retired Katushas), and the higher end of infantry weapons/armor/equipment. We aren't going to be able to match Ukraine man-for-man (Seriously, they've got a 700,000 man standing army, a significant fleet in the black sea, a ton of leftover Russian planes, and nukes), so I'm looking at well-trained and well equipped troops, high-value asset destruction, and area denial capability as a way to make at least some progress against them.

3) How much does it cost to build factories, license weapons (and other things) for production, start thinking about research labs, etc.?

Edit: And what does our civilian population look like, in terms of ability to staff factories/labs/etc?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 01:49:51 pm by Rysith »
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2010, 08:43:04 am »

The Standard UN equipment is as follows:

* 1 SA80 Assault Rifle

* Full Combat Body Armour with Blue Helmets

* Military Boots

The UN have allowed all peacekeeping troops to keep equipment after service.

They will also provide standard training over the course of 2 days.

The UN are willing to train any soldier although they only have limited weapons and equipment.

It is the evening in Crimea, last round and then the turn will end and another day will begin.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2010, 12:22:15 pm »

Keep waiting, and see what is happening in the world.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2010, 01:01:07 pm »

(Gm Edit: UN prices reduced for ludicrous prices, I realised that 500 x 100 is something like 500,000 which in this game is enough to bankrupt the EU: Reduced to 10 per Man)

--Day 3--

You gain 5400$

You now have 5800$

**NEWS**

Reports have been coming in through the night from our UN reporter updating us on the Situation in Chile. The UN moved 90% of it's entire peacekeeping force into the Country to sort out the civil war there. Our report in Santiago can tell us more.

//cut to Chilean reporter//

Reporter: As you can see the invasion of Santiago has already started. Just 5 minutes ago I spoke to an officer in charge of a small battalion of Peacekeeping forces. It was cut short by shelling of the UN base but we've been able, me and my cameraman, to pull back to behind the front line.

*Static*

From what he........... Chile is under mas-..........government has lost control and UN are only just fighting the rebels back....... got nukes. It was just last week when.....

*one loud explosion noise, loss of all visual and audio signals, total static*

//cut back to studio//

Andrea? ANDREA?!! Oh my god, we appear to have lost our Chilean reporter. As you can see it has gotten out of hand in Chile, but the UN insists it's got things all sorted out.

//cut to adverts//

The MEKO frigate is half way across the black sea.

The propaganda officers have reached the Ukrainian Border by foot.

Relations worsened -- Ukraine (suspicious)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2010, 01:43:05 pm »

See what else is happening in the WHOLE world.

Crud, we lost our peacekeeping forces to neutron bombs or tactical nukes, 'cause if those rebels used ICBMs they'd have wiped out several parts of chile.

Attempt to get all the elites to train at least 3 Compaies of the Militia into something equivalent to say, a PLA Soldier.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2010, 03:30:40 pm »

Speak with our ambassador in Ukraine.
If we haven't done so already, train frigate crew.
Look into transport helicopters and planes.
Get APCs to peacekeeping forces.
Look into howitzers, snipers, main battle tanks, soldier-mounted AAA, bioweapons lab, close support aircraft, Superiority fighters.
Read the First Post!

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2010, 01:00:12 pm »

[:3]

Not much is happening in the world as a whole, Russian and Ukrainian trade routes have been stopped following a scuffle with the Russians and the Georgians, but nothing very serious. A french spy was killed in Latvia last week.

You spend 100$ and train 250 seamen to pilot the frigate. They shall be ready in 2 days.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2010, 07:48:50 pm »

Offer the french to replace their spy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]