Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Three questions about wrestling and wrestlers.  (Read 917 times)

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Three questions about wrestling and wrestlers.
« on: February 15, 2010, 09:01:09 pm »

First: I understand that there is some sort of menu? Where you can choose to do specific things. How would I find it?

Second: If there is a menu where you can chose what you do and how, wouldn't wrestling be the best combat skill? You could just run up and grab the guy and choke him to death, or is there something I'm missing?

EDIT:: Third: If I mod my adventure's race to have more arms and hands, will he be able to use them effectively?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 09:07:29 pm by C4lv1n »
I've played a guitar with my penis.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Three questions about wrestling and wrestlers.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 09:17:34 pm »

1: Shift-A
Change the option from "attack" to "wrestling"

2:well you would probably have your arm slashed off if you ran up to someone and tried to strangle them.

3:You could grab more body parts probably but apart from that, no.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 10:46:47 pm by Jacob/Lee »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 03:53:02 am »

However wrestling while holding a shield to block attacks is a fine option.

Also high wrestling increases dodging ability so your enemies will miss a lot.

Still you can not bash with your fists as hard as with a hammer (if it's not a modded race) and strangling takes some time so it's faster to kill with a weapon.

P.S> About 3), you will be able to use everything but still you get 1 attack/round, but you can do it with any of your hands. Also you can use two hands to hold someone's spear and a shield and use another hand with a weapon to damage him without him blocking or stabbing you.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 03:55:29 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 11:37:54 am »

I'd still advise you to take a shield or three; if you fail to dodge a tough enemy and they hit you, it can be fatal. Also, while you can run up and strangle someone to death, it's not a good idea if there are multiple enemies; while you're strangling their friend, they're stabbing you in the back. I'm not sure how big the chances are of it happening, but I'm pretty sure you can fail to get a hold on enemies, too. I think their skills or size make a difference on that front.
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

Atlar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 12:52:09 pm »

I hear stories of thorn out eyes, breaking joints and so on, but how do you do that? The only options I get when holding any bodypart is to take-down, throw and choke if its the throat... what am I missing?

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 06:32:07 pm »

You have to grab their head with one of your hands, then the option comes up.
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 04:44:03 am »

You have to grab their head with one of your hands, then the option comes up.
Empty hands that is. Joints should be breakable with any thing you can grab them with, but not all creature have joints. Quadrupes (wolves, horses, etc) for example dont have them.

It is not certain why they dont have breakable joints, but it is speculated that they are made of adamantine and are thus unbreakable. Though with all the wolf corpses I have burned (what, thats a perfectelly normal thing to do!) I have no adamantine wolf knees left over... Mysterious indeed.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 07:14:48 am »

Horses are eternal. Obviously they are ghouls of some sort, or immortal aliens. They don't have joints.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.