Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: firing at friendlies in adventure mode  (Read 965 times)

Ruttiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://https://server2.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/s/p1/
firing at friendlies in adventure mode
« on: February 11, 2010, 12:10:56 pm »

I noticed when I fire at a neutral target in adventure mode that every shot misses.  Same with throwing.  How can I target the wildlife without walking up to it a smashing it with my bow?

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
Re: firing at friendlies in adventure mode
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 04:16:55 pm »

Two things:

Firstly, this should be in the Adventurer Mode section.

Secondly, it's impossible to hit a neutral target with a ranged weapon. Wait for night, sneak into someone's bedroom and break all their bones while they sleep for a safe, painless (for you, anyway) method of making everyone in town a hostile.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 05:02:26 pm »

Then watch as you are shot to death by the guards!

Ruttiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://https://server2.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/s/p1/
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 11:52:22 am »

If you look at the forum name, it's called gameplay questions.  If you look at the adventurer forum, it's called adventurer mode discussion. 

I stand by my intentional choice of forum.

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 05:23:37 pm »

Have a look at the topic title.

firing at friendlies in adventure mode

Move it to Adventure Mode subforum, nao.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 05:36:41 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:33:06 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 09:29:57 pm »

Since the thread is effectively derailed anyway, I'll perpetuate the problem.  Here's a post of mine from some time ago.  Seems to me all questions belong here while all not-questions belong on the discussion boards.

I want to point out we have a DF Gameplay Questions forum, a Dwarf Fortress Mode forum, AND an Adventure Mode forum.  So...maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see anything that says what differentiates Gameplay from the others.  As I see it, questions on any mode should fit here?  Else, what am I missing?

Gameplay
"Do you need help playing Dwarf Fortress? Confused about some aspect of the game? Use this forum."
Fortress Mode
"Want to discuss the Dwarf Fortress mode of Slaves to Armok II: Dwarf Fortress? This is the forum for you."
Adventure Mode
"If you want to discuss playing an Adventurer in Slaves to Armok II: Dwarf Fortress, this is the place."

I really want to know where this idea that questions don't belong on the general questions board come from...

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 10:15:16 pm »

I'm with Stargrasper, Ruttiger, and Bauglir on this one. This isn't "Dwarf Mode Gameplay Questions" this is "Dwarf Fortress Gameplay Questions". Adventure Mode is a part of Dwarf Fortress, as is Dwarf Mode.

If this forum is to be "Dwarf Fortress Mode" specific, why is there a seperate "Fortress Mode" forum?
(There is a story behind this. . .)

This is an Alder Omelette. All craftsdwarfship is of highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cheese. It menaces with spikes of bacon, ham, and peppers. On the object is an image of dwarves in egg white. The dwarves are eating.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 11:41:29 am »

To make trolling easier.

The question is answered though, and I miss the opportunity to shoot anyone too, because sometimes it's too dangerous to melee as a crossbowman :(.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository