Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ..where are my migrants?  (Read 809 times)

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
..where are my migrants?
« on: February 17, 2010, 05:48:07 am »

I apologise if someone has asked this before, and I'm asking the obvious question. Has anyone ever had the mountainhome caravan NOT show up in the first, second, or third year? The reason I ask is that the current DigDeeper fort I'm playing, the elves have shown, the halflings have shown, the humans have shown, the various enemy races would show if I turned invasions on again, but no other dwarves have shown up that I've seen. I savescummed and checked the embark site, it claims that all races have access. I've been going on my original 7(-1 who stood on top of a pool that melted), but the workforce is a little thin. Suggestions on what's going on/what I should do?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Dude_Jebawe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ..where are my migrants?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 06:25:12 am »

I believe it's sometimes possible, under very specific circumstances, to play an extinct Dwarven civilization.

I could be wrong, though.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 06:29:38 am »

I've never seen halflings or humans in dig deeper. Do they come with high wealth requirements?
But it's strange, since you don't have invasions on. I think your dwarves may be from an extinct civilization, as your race can usually always access you.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 06:33:24 am »

they don't have particular wealth requirements, though I'd need to look at the raws to be certain. I'm suspecting the extinct civilisation thing is probably likely..sigh. I suppose I could abandon and use the other dwarf civ to do this, or put civ_controllable on the halflings or something, but... either that or I ignore the outside world long enough for my 2 possible marriages to occur and breed.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 07:20:48 am »

a 1 tile dining room helps with marriges , just leave the rest to spores once done