Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Where do you bury your dead?  (Read 4649 times)

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
Re: Where do you bury your dead?
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2010, 01:52:47 pm »

err. thanks. but you flatter me too much.

i don't think i'll build those anymore. i'll carve them out in a huge underground cavern instead. partially because it's awesome and partially because constructed walls simply disappear when i knock the pillars out.

no fun.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2010, 07:14:55 pm »

I build a catacomb.
When it starts looking like the fortress is crumbling, though, I've developed a long-standing tradition of puncturing a magma pipe just below the point I might have adventurers visit. And the catacomb tends to be under that unless there's epic engravings present.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

ronnyfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2010, 11:41:07 pm »

In the most recent fortress is the only one i have cared for my dead in any fashion other than refuse pile or coffin.

I dig a 3x3 room, iron coffin in the middle, ramp entering one end of the room, statues in the far corners, smooth and engrave everything, then once occupied by the dead dwarf, fill with magma and seal it off

starburst98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2010, 12:08:39 pm »

i'm still building my big one. it has hanging pillars, multiple z-lvls, engraved everything, statues, artifact lever and an artifact floodgate, and the coffin is masterwork aluminium. the outer shell would be shaped like a giant wine-glass with the entire structure supported by a single column.

i'm useing linux and i have no clue how to make the 3d visualiser work with that otherwise i would post a screenshot.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]