Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military does NOTHING  (Read 1359 times)

Wulf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Military does NOTHING
« on: February 11, 2010, 05:49:57 pm »

I have a bunch of wrestlers in a squad, got ambushed, put the on duty and set a patrol route and a station. They just sit in the sculpture garden doing nothing, no parties, just the job of Soldier. I'm in the middle of an ambush and goblins are in my fort. Please help?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military does NOTHING
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 05:54:49 pm »

Make sure the captain isn't eating or some stupid shit like that.

If that fails, recruit every damn dwarf in the area and force them on the ambush.

STRENGTH IN NUMBERS AND STUPIDITY BROTHER!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 06:01:00 pm »

This is being addressed in the update, FWIW.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 09:22:13 pm »

I have a bunch of wrestlers in a squad, got ambushed, put the on duty and set a patrol route and a station. They just sit in the sculpture garden doing nothing, no parties, just the job of Soldier. I'm in the middle of an ambush and goblins are in my fort. Please help?

Patrol routes have bugged up for me before. I'd suggest trying deleting all your patrol routes and try just stationing them, then adding more patrol routes if they start moving again.

Magil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 10:06:20 pm »

Do standing orders allow soldiers to go outdoors? If their station or patrol is outdoors and they're not allowed to go there I don't think they will move.
Quote from: Mystic Mongol
Turns out most of the nobles had the same room. Moreover, this same room was apparently bedroom, office, and dining room. I don't know what they thought was in this room... I do know the doors were all locked, so none of them could get IN.

Also, apparently there was a fire inside, and had been for months. I feel I should investigate this at some point.