Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So I just hit HFS (Spoilers)  (Read 2526 times)

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So I just hit HFS (Spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 09:10:50 am »

So, I got my next migrant wave. And guess who the very first migrant is... The F*ing king...

Has to be expected when you just hit the blue stuff
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 09:14:30 am »

So, I got my next migrant wave. And guess who the very first migrant is... The F*ing king...

Ya I know... But this has got to be a record... I'm at 25 dorfs now, of which 1 a king...

I gave every single one of em a room, except for the king, that'll teach him
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 09:21:50 am by Eviltyphoon »
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

Dorf3000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 09:24:35 am »

Ya I know... But this has got to be a record... I'm at 25 dorfs now, of which 1 a king...

Soon to be 24 dorfs, none of which is a king...  I have to wonder at the sanity of dwarf kings.

"Sire, a small group of miners have dug a long, dangerous exploratory tunnel into the mountain, and released demons from the pits of hell which killed almost all of them!  Also, they found this strange blue metal ore.."
"WHOOOOOO! I'm leaving immediately to live in that unfurnished hole in the ground!!!  Don't waste time packing my expensive furniture or property, hell I won't even bother getting dressed!"

days later...

"OH MY GOD WHERE'S MY GOLD THRONE AND LEGENDARY ROYAL BATHROOM!  AUUGHHAHAHAHHH! *die*"
I had a tigerman get elected mayor and he promptly mandated 3 bowls of cereal.

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 03:04:53 pm »

Man, I've had this one fort for 20 years and have yet to find HFS. It's frustrating.
Yeah yeah yeah!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 03:11:52 pm »

I embarked at a nice site that I was going to dig into HFS.

Sadly, at 44 dwarves an orc siege came and wiped out all but 4 people.
1 was stuck in a cage and I eventually opened the doors to the dining room and got the other 3 people killed then I abandoned.

LoneJedi7

• Bay Watcher
  • The CaKE is A LIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 05:50:26 pm »

HAHAHAA, dude your so screwed. i say, you cause a massive cave in on top of the spirits of fire, that might do the trick, but then again, i dont have too much experience with HFS yet, but it sounds like it would work.....
ℍ!Ξ[/[Θ]![ℍ∑▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 06:59:11 pm »

HAHAHAA, dude your so screwed. i say, you cause a massive cave in on top of the spirits of fire, that might do the trick, but then again, i dont have too much experience with HFS yet, but it sounds like it would work.....

That's waht I'm trying to do :) Aside from designing a proper fortress instead of the crappy uggly design I have atm.
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

wormplayer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2010, 07:19:34 pm »

It's an established fact that kings love blue cotton candy. Especially if the clowns are out and about, and the circus is in full swing! They just can't help but leave their nice, secure mountainhome when the circus comes to town.
He is a dubious worshipper of Agakunib the Fondness of Squids.

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2010, 04:07:46 am »

It's an established fact that kings love blue cotton candy. Especially if the clowns are out and about, and the circus is in full swing! They just can't help but leave their nice, secure mountainhome when the circus comes to town.

Then maybe I should arrange a meeting between one of these clowns and my king. :)

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2010, 05:00:59 am »

Some sort of tradition. I have always dug all the way to the bottom of the map to get my mining going.
I'm not alone!  :D

How are you treating the survivor?
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2010, 06:28:53 am »

Some sort of tradition. I have always dug all the way to the bottom of the map to get my mining going.
I'm not alone!  :D

How are you treating the survivor?

I'm going to try and get her as legendary a possible so she can get down there and lead the counterattack :p. Right now I'm just making her mine and engrave and stuff like that so she can get her stats up, and then I'm going to try and make her full addy plate + addy axe and send her down for payback.

EDIT: Holy sh*t, a moody dwarf just claimed my strandmaking craftdwarf workshop and grabbed 2 raw adamantine rocks!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 08:17:55 am by Eviltyphoon »
Pages: 1 [2]