Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Best Political Ad Ever  (Read 3324 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Best Political Ad Ever
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2010, 02:13:45 am »

Unless you're a country where the industry itself makes huge profits (i.e. oil), you pretty much have to take it out from taxes. I mean look at Sydney, Australia. Income tax is like 50%, and it's a pleasant place to live, if you can afford the houses and food.

There are places where taxes never existed, but they got colonized by countries with a stronger economy. lol history.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2010, 12:43:40 am »

Pfft, I can't take american whines about taxation seriously; in Denmark you pay 30 - 63% of your total income in taxes, depending on said income (info)
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2010, 01:30:34 am »

There are still places where there are no taxes.  They're called log cabin in the backwoods of Arkansas surrounded by snares and pit traps.

If they want to tax you, they can come over and take the money themselves.  They won't know that there's a rusty-nail punji pit under the welcome mat until their feet have to be amputated.

Yeah, it's not exactly a love-nest, you won't be getting many ladies, but that third of your income you get back will pay for a lot of video games.

Oh, you'll need an income though, and that would require leaving your house of pain and getting a job.

Subsistence living, steal internet, pirate your games.  A man's life.
Shoes...

Forumsdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2010, 12:47:54 am »

Best.  Attack Ad.  Ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRgCOXaiDjQ

H. G. Wells would've loved it.

Whoever decided coroners needed to be elected to office was a comedy genius.  Seriously, the only way for the competitors to distinguish themselves is in the way they handle dead bodies.  How could wacky comedy hijinks not ensue?
"Let them eat XXtroutXX!" -Troas
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]