Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seeds and skull reactions? *SOLVED*  (Read 1358 times)

masakhan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Seeds and skull reactions? *SOLVED*
« on: May 02, 2010, 12:29:46 am »

Has anyone figure out how to make a custom reaction that uses (and has tested to see if it works) skulls as a REAGENT, or made a reaction that has seeds as its product?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 02:11:25 pm by masakhan »

masakhan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Seeds and skull reactions?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 12:46:58 pm »

Here is the product end of my reactions involving seeds:

[PRODUCT:3:PLANT:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:SEED]

[PRODUCT:100:3:PLANT:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:SEED]

[PRODUCT:100:3:SEED:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:SEED]

[PRODUCT:100:3:SEED:NO_SUBTYPE:SEED_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:SEED]

[PRODUCT:100:3:PLANT:SEED:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:SEED]

Any ideas?

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 01:50:40 pm »

Ok, lets see. As item type we need a seed. Using plant would get us a plant made out of seed material, which would be weird.
Looking in the ever so useful string dump I found item type SEEDS. Item subtype shouldnt be needed.

As material we need to designate a plant type from the raws, so that would make it PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP
Then as material subtype we need the seed material defined in the plants raws. Found the following:
   [SEED:plump helmet spawn:plump helmet spawn:4:0:1:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
Clear enough, lets use SEED as material subtype.

So, the result: [PRODUCT:100:3:SEEDS:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:SEED]

Well seems you had that one except for the item type being SEED instead of SEEDS.

Skulls seem like a tricker one, I made some attempt at it when I tried to make golden skulls, but failed.
I cant find it as an item type or a material type in material templates. I did however find this here:
Quote from: body_default.txt
[BODY:SKULL]
   [BP:SKULL:skull:STP]
      [CONTYPE:HEAD]
      [INTERNAL][SMALL]
      [CATEGORY:SKULL]
      [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:200]
      This lets you make a totem out of the part.  The relationship between the skull and the brain is established within body detail plans or the creature itself.
      [TOTEMABLE]
From what I can tell from the body part raws, the skull is much like all the prepared organs you get when butchering a creature. Those are meat with a specific name, skulls are bone with a specific name.

What confuses me even more is that there is no item type for bones either, just one for totems.

I have found ANY_BONE_MATERIAL. This could at least let you select any item made of bone, but how you could keep it from using +turtle bone bolts+ or regular bone instead of skulls, I wouldnt know.

At least not without reworking some basic raws, for example by adding a special REACTION_CLASS tag to the material that the skull uses. But im no expert on that; I dont know how to do that without having to change every single creature in the raws.

For now it might be easier to just use totems, [REAGENT:A:1:TOTEM:NONE:NONE:NONE] should do the trick.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

masakhan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 02:01:29 pm »

Ill go test using SEEDS instead of SEED right now, and I have been using the ANY_BONE_MATERIAL in a reaction (works fine.) Great idea to use totems instead of skulls;Ill try that out too.

masakhan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 02:09:59 pm »

[PRODUCT:100:3:SEEDS:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:SEED]

Just tested it, and it works perfectly!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Seeds and skull reactions? *SOLVED*
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 04:06:31 pm »

I'm going to throw this information into my guide.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!