Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Starcraft 2: No beta this year, part one out somewhere Q2 2010.  (Read 3310 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starcraft 2: No beta this year, part one out somewhere Q2 2010.
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2010, 09:48:23 pm »

That's true. Micromanagement and speed is a prerequest for being able to properly implement the strategies, but on their own they won't win. You can't beat an opponent by spamming nothing but reavers the whole game. ;)

On another note, I've just finished listening to some of the terran's soundtracks, and they're awsome.

It can't be called micromanagement if all you are doing is spamming Reavers the whole game.  There is nothing to micromanage there.

Thats how a person like me, a non-micromanager would play.  I can't be arsed to manage more then 2 or 3 different things...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2010, 10:57:29 pm »

Gah...I hate bad allies. I just lost a game because me and my ally were both Protoss. I ask him what tech he is going and he says air, so I focus on ground. (Going dark templar).

We then proceed to get smacked because our enemy (also Protoss) waltzes over with a few Void Rays and smacks our bases. My ally had...a bunch of templar and a single carrier. If I knew he wouldn't have decent air power I'd have made sure I had a better air counter!

I still did some damage by dropping units in my enemy's base while he was distracted, but it wasn't enough to win the game for me.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2010, 11:29:47 pm »

I play Protoss as well.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2010, 11:56:34 pm »

I don't play anything because ME NO GET MY KEY YET RAAARRRGGHH
Shoes...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2010, 12:47:47 am »

there are places on the intenet, dark shadowed places, which have cracked copies of the beta software which lets you play locally without a key.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2010, 09:43:21 am »

I can't count the number of times I've lost against guys that had worse micro than me but better macro.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2010, 09:45:19 am »

I don't play anything because ME NO GET MY KEY YET RAAARRRGGHH
I share this feeling. Although my graphics card and processor are both relatively popular, so I'm not seeing much of a chance of me being picked.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2010, 10:09:41 am »

I was talking about Star Craft I.

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2010, 04:11:18 pm »

there are places on the intenet, dark shadowed places, which have cracked copies of the beta software which lets you play locally without a key.

All you can do is play a sandbox so far, no ai. Something to do with how blizz integrated BNet into everything I think, so they have to emulate that.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2010, 05:00:45 pm »

All you can do is play a sandbox so far, no ai. Something to do with how blizz integrated BNet into everything I think, so they have to emulate that.
No, there is one with AI.

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2010, 05:11:36 pm »

No, there is one with AI.

Yeah, but what I found was AI that attacks you back IF you attack them. No building units or anything. Waiting on triggers I guess... Oh well, lets just hope that we all get into beta.
Pages: 1 2 [3]