Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Chaos Challenge  (Read 1962 times)

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Challenge
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 01:37:56 am »

Ha, you've sure got some serious Dwarven Orbs of Fury - normally when I fatfinger something, I just summon the Ctrl-Alt-Delete Fairy to make everything better :P
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 01:40:51 am »

Ha, you've sure got some serious Dwarven Orbs of Fury - normally when I fatfinger something, I just summon the Ctrl-Alt-Delete Fairy to make everything better :P

I felt that would sorta beat the point of the "challenge" and just went with it. :) At least I had the picks and axes.
(There is a story behind this. . .)

This is an Alder Omelette. All craftsdwarfship is of highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cheese. It menaces with spikes of bacon, ham, and peppers. On the object is an image of dwarves in egg white. The dwarves are eating.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2010, 01:47:02 am »

I felt that would sorta beat the point of the "challenge" and just went with it. :) At least I had the picks and axes.

To be honest, if I made that mistake I would have taken a mulligan.  It wouldn't have made much difference because you could have just abandoned the place then re-embarked to the same location fully trained and supplied.  But going at it with just the basics is fun too.

I embarked without an anvil and no pump helmets or spawns.  I loaded up on some cheap meat including some turtles and plenty of booze.  I also added a few leather bags because I always seem to get caught needing a seed bag early on.  I actually spent a lot of time figuring out what to spend the rest of my points on.  I just bought more booze.

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2010, 12:34:59 pm »

Well, it ends up becoming an epic endeavor in amusement when you make a major flub like that -- so long as you at least have 1 pick and 1 axe. Or the stuff to be able to make them.

There's three of us that generally sit on skype while playing and run "alternate realities" of the same fort. One of us will embark, save, zip and send it to the other two, and then hilarity ensues as time goes on.

In one of the alternate realities they stumbled upon the secondary aquifer (we all sunk into the heavily forested area in the north that is untamed wilds, and the Terrifying Biome's first aquifer level is one Z-level above the first aquifer level in the Untamed Biome), and that made for a rather hilarious "Indiana Jones" style run for safety by the miners while the wall was constructed.

We wish he fraps'd it or in some other way created a rather thrilling animation of it, because it came about that his dwarves pierced the aquifer and the rather large room started flooding, a carpenter came rushing over to build the wall as the two miners dove through the quickly-being-sealed entrance, and the water hit the tile right as the wall was completed.

This game makes for some truly epic moments.
(There is a story behind this. . .)

This is an Alder Omelette. All craftsdwarfship is of highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cheese. It menaces with spikes of bacon, ham, and peppers. On the object is an image of dwarves in egg white. The dwarves are eating.
Pages: 1 [2]