Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Decent embark site  (Read 1016 times)

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
Decent embark site
« on: February 06, 2010, 04:37:46 pm »

As stated in the title, I have found a decent a decent embark site. It looks like this:

It's not much compared to Dwarf Heaven, but I like how it's layed out a little bit. There's only about 89 z-levels from the grassy part in the south-east. There is a magma pipe somewhere near the middle, an exposed chasm, an underground river to the west, and a Clown House in the east. There might be a magma pool as well, but I'm not sure.

I like how the map is tall all around and short in one spot, rather than the really tall in one spot and short in everywhere else I've normally been able to find.

I think it'll be pretty cool mega-project site, but I'm not sure what to do yet.

It's not a great embark site, but I think it's cool enough to share.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Opirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Decent embark site
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 05:09:17 pm »

World Gen Info?
Don't go drowning your boss for telling you to work.

damn nobles management.
Minedstockades

Vugor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 05:10:07 pm »

Looks pretty interesting, what are the dimensions of this site?

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 05:35:49 pm »

World Gen Info?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I tried regenning it once and it won't get you the exact same world, but the map is generally layed out the same. There should be a mountain region in the southwest with rivers/streams going through it, allowing you to embark on tall mountains like this.

Looks pretty interesting, what are the dimensions of this site?

As said above, the exact site will probably be hard to find, but you might be able to find a site similar, the site above is a 6x6.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

happydog23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 09:03:00 pm »

Hey Beanchubbs, hope you don't mind if I throw a second embark in your thread:

Here's my latest embark... It was partially chosen for the lack of hills... (still good for megaprojects that don't need more 100 z levels)

It is a 4x4 region with UG River, Magma Pipe, Funhouse, and completely underground chasm. 

It has Redsand and limestone.

1 square to the west is a bottomless pit if you wanted it.
World gen and embark (i moved the embark area 1 square south to get an extra square of forest when I actually embarked) are in the spoiler below, but as far as the stone layers go, I play with the molten rocks mod and the orc mod.  From playing with things, it seems that the molten rocks mod has an effect on world gen and what layers you get sometimes.  It was genned in 40d16.