Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legends Exporting  (Read 370 times)

Kayla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legends Exporting
« on: February 05, 2010, 03:16:59 am »

I would like to export the detailed world information, sorting things by year. So everything from the start of the world (Urist is created, Urist founds Dwarvenheimer, Urist gives birth to Mesta, etc etc) to the end of world generate. I would like to export that into a text file. If this is possible, please instruct me on how to do so. Otherwise, I suggest this.

In addition, when exporting legends information, on the founding of sites, would it be possible to include coordinates (xy) to where that site was founded. (Presumably starting at the very top left as 0,0 and so forth).

My goal is to be able to create an external program, that can read the text file of everything that happened in world creation, and be able to intuitively sort through and organize this information. In addition, since it seems a lot of events happen in towns or sites (attacking a site, being birthed at a site, so on). My program can use an exported image and because of the coordinates when founding a site, it would be able to overlay the image map where every site should roughly be.

The ultimate goal of this is to be able to click on Urist Mcjagger, and find out he participated in a siege on Elfland02 during the year 105. The program would then be able to look through it's database for Elfland02 and be able to draw a circle roughly where it would have existed. So I can visually see where Urist Mcjagger attacked and so forth.

If these measures can be implemented, I would be eternally grateful (As if I'm not already *giggles*)

Thanks,

- Kayla

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Exporting
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 03:35:45 am »

The upcoming version may include this feature.  At any rate, it's something Toady knows about:

Quote from: Mephansteras
Will there be any changes to the history and site logs that the game outputs for this release?

I'm not sure anything has happened with the site logs.  I told somebody I'd consider an xml dump of the legends for this release, and I'm going to do that, but I'm going to have to skip it if it looks time-consuming.

Quote from: Mephansteras
Are we going to be seeing an option to dump the legends data out to a text file of some sort (xml, raw text, whatever) this release? Or is that for a later release?

I have a request for that written down in the request section.  I still don't know what's in or out there, and we probably won't know until it's done.