Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Babysnatching item thieves (and other questions)  (Read 506 times)

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Babysnatching item thieves (and other questions)
« on: February 01, 2010, 08:23:45 pm »

Does anyone know what happens if a single race has both BABYSNATCHER and ITEM_THIEF?

I'm planning to have a world with no kobolds or goblins, but want to mod in another enemy that'll still harass my dwarves in every way possible. I'd really like one that will snatch babies, steal items and siege, but I don't know much about these tags and what they imply.

Will it work?

Edit: Adding questions here to minimize thread spam...

I want this race to have every member armed with a specific (new) weapon when they seige. I've added the weapon to the raws and entity file, and removed all other weapons from the entity. Is there any way to prevent some of them being spawned as wrestlers? The PERMITTED_JOB: tags don't seem to include military professions.

Also, how much DAMBLOCK should I add to be roughly equivilent to a normal creature wearing armor? They won't have access to any.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 12:06:15 am by DeKaFu »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Babysnatching item thieves
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 08:26:25 pm »

The clowns in my Clown mod have both babysnatcher and itemthieving tags, but so far I've only seen the clown thieves get as far as the dogs chained up outside my only entrance.

You get the skulking thief message, but I'm not sure how they'll prioritize baby snatching and item theft yet.  I do know that both will happen during worldgen, though.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Babysnatching item thieves (and other questions)
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 12:08:42 am »

Do you know either of the tags will interfere with sieging in a permanently low population fort?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Babysnatching item thieves (and other questions)
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 12:12:25 am »

No clue.  They'll siege eventually, just like goblins, so I'd guess they'd have the same siege triggers as vanilla goblins.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember