Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Defense of Autralia's Game Rating System  (Read 3716 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Defense of Autralia's Game Rating System
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2010, 11:30:16 pm »

Yup, in that it's illegal to touch a man inappropriately. Merits jail time for some reason.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2010, 11:35:17 pm »

2nd prepost ninja edit. MrWiggles, Aquizzar, those laws are still on the books. Any act other then "normal" heterosexual intercourse is technically against the law in many states, as well as owning materials with said acts in them.

I thought I address this in my post.

Most of these laws remain on the book because is cheaper and easier then to go through the formal process of getting them removed. They are, illegal though, and are unenforceable.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2010, 11:41:20 pm »

Unfortunately, no, those laws are not illegal. They've enforced them fairly recently, see Deep Throat as an example. Nothing has changed between then and now that would change the legal status of those laws.

Edit: I should mention that if you are under 18, you shouldn't actually see Deep Throat. At least, I do not encourage such behavior. However, reading about the court cases around it would be instructive.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2010, 11:50:09 pm »

Unfortunately, no, those laws are not illegal. They've enforced them fairly recently, see Deep Throat as an example. Nothing has changed between then and now that would change the legal status of those laws.

Edit: I should mention that if you are under 18, you shouldn't actually see Deep Throat. At least, I do not encourage such behavior. However, reading about the court cases around it would be instructive.

That was 32 years ago, outside my poorly cited reference do you have any more recent examples where such laws were upheld in supreme court?

And if anyone really cares to read more about it, I can dig it up.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2010, 11:51:47 pm »

I have no more recent examples of those laws being upheld, however they stopped enforcing them shortly afterwards. I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a case either for or against those laws since the Deep Throat era.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2010, 02:31:40 am »

Aside from politics being a game, why is this in the "other games" section?

Wait, I know.  More eyeballs.  Still doesn't belong here.

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2010, 02:45:27 am »

Aside from politics being a game, why is this in the "other games" section?

Wait, I know.  More eyeballs.  Still doesn't belong here.

Would probably be better in general, but it's kinda game related so I vote for not pestering anyone to move it.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2010, 03:16:33 am »

Because with these kinds of vague topics, I get complained to no matter where I put it. Since I've historically put them in General Discussion (where lovely folks kindly tell me gently in a calm and respectful way of how I accidentally placed it in the wrong area and should kindly move it to Other Games), I figured it was time for a change.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]