Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Starting Loyalty cascades  (Read 9929 times)

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starting Loyalty cascades
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 10:19:08 pm »

Any updates on all this?  Has anybody managed to consistently invoke loyalty cascades?

Footkerchief, you were doing some research on this, right?  Any luck?

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 11:31:57 pm »

Any updates on all this?  Has anybody managed to consistently invoke loyalty cascades?

I have a method that proves somewhat consistent.

Say you have Civilisation A and civilisation B. You come from civ A, and want a loyalty cascade between the peaceful A and B. Firstly, you hire whatever warrior/idiot/pincushion you can find from A to go with you to B. Start wrestling someone weak from B, and wait for them to hit you back. Your idiot followers decided that the victim is now their enemy for attacking you and start attacking. This in turn makes them the enemy of that civ. Thus, anyone from civ A will be attacked by civ B!

This method works for me, generally. The added warrior-npcs are important, as they tip it over the edge from "Some crazy guy" to "A warband! Curse them!"
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 11:54:42 pm »

All I came across was this:

# 000780 □ [adventure mode][crime]   (Report) town guard becomes a criminal after getting an adventurer's stolen weapon stuck in his body

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 03:29:44 am »

...Thus, anyone from civ A will be attacked by civ B!

That's not so much a loyalty cascade as an outright war, it seems to me.  I'm thinking of the thing where all the people of one civ start fighting each other.

# 000780 □ [adventure mode][crime]   (Report) town guard becomes a criminal after getting an adventurer's stolen weapon stuck in his body

Ah well.  I've tried that before, without success.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 03:48:08 am »

...Thus, anyone from civ A will be attacked by civ B!

That's not so much a loyalty cascade as an outright war, it seems to me.  I'm thinking of the thing where all the people of one civ start fighting each other.

# 000780 □ [adventure mode][crime]   (Report) town guard becomes a criminal after getting an adventurer's stolen weapon stuck in his body

Ah well.  I've tried that before, without success.

I find it also works between towns, too. It's especially good if the world has been generating for a while, so you'll have people of different groups in the same town.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2010, 04:45:43 am »

is there a modifier to increase the chance of stuck ins to 100%?
if so you could make it so the hummys sell it...
theif it, then chuck it at someone...
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Arrkhal

• Bay Watcher
  • Who modded in these flying killer attack babies???
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2010, 09:11:08 am »

Pretty sure it's entities within a civ, not different civs.  I.e., "In 208 I ruled the {entity} of {civ} from {city}."  Or something.  It's pretty confusing.

I've witnessed only two loyalty cascades.  One was when I completed enough quests for my modded in race that they decided to make me a member of their entity or civ (I'm not entirely sure which it was, actually).  Except, one particular town leader didn't like that for some reason, and he'd me attack on sight.  None of the other townsfolk would attack, until and unless I either hit that leader, or was hit by him.  Then a loyalty cascade would start.

The other cascade was completely random, and involved goblin priests murdering each other the second I was on the map, before the fight spilled out into the fortresses.  No one was hostile to me at all.

The first one may be a surefire method, though it needs testing.  Attack someone who's in your starting civ, but belongs to a different entity.  That may be why attacking your own civ works only sometimes.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 09:17:43 am by Arrkhal »
In development: Arrkhal's Material and Weapon balance
Please test and let me know what still needs fixing.  And get these freakin' babies offa me!

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 08:33:46 am »

Might or might not be related, but once I was in a tavern near an unconcious hammerman (his foot was missing so the pain kept knocking him out). When I walked over to him for some reason I hit him with my crossbow even though he was in my civ and I didn't press A to attack him. He then woke up and I was forced to kill him. I fled to another human town and everyone there started trying to kill me. I killed about 10 people before pressing esc and seeing the retire option, even though everyone in the town was in a murderous rage. I retired and then reloaded my adventurer, and then everything was back to normal, except for one guard who yelled about the people he killed and proceeded to attack me. I kill him and yet no one seems to mind.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 06:10:26 am »

the hammerman was hostile , maybe he hit someone in the civ or something

and that rage thing..... you killed someone who was their entity

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2010, 10:40:08 am »

the hammerman was hostile , maybe he hit someone in the civ or something

and that rage thing..... you killed someone who was their entity

No one else rushed to attack the guard and there were loads of soldiers nearby.

I know why I was being attacked, but even though I became an enemy of the entity I was able to retire in the town.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2010, 11:05:29 am »

I fled to another human town and everyone there started trying to kill me. I killed about 10 people...
Was that town named "Tull" :P. Eh, poor Allie :'(.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2010, 11:29:02 pm »

i just got an intresting Loyalty cascade :

i go to a town , then attacked a random child , when i did , everyone came and proceeded to punch the child , when they punch the child , they become a hostile of that civ , who gets punched by the nearby guard , who then become hostile , etc etc etc

i am thinking of renaming the adventurer "Soviet Russia"

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2010, 11:47:53 pm »

Why soviet russia (and not USSR, why russia? :D).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 [2]