Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CthulhuMUD - Does anyone actually play it?  (Read 1163 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
CthulhuMUD - Does anyone actually play it?
« on: February 02, 2010, 12:46:41 pm »

So I've seen CthulhuMUD mentioned in a couple of places recently and figured I'd check it out. I read up on the basics on the site and figured it looks pretty neat, especially since HellMOO is just... too much for me. I started CthulhuMUD yesterday and played around for a few hours yesterday and today and I've only seen 2 or 3 other people online the whole time. Do any B12ers play and/or does anyone want to try it out?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: CthulhuMUD - Does anyone actually play it?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 01:20:50 pm »

I played it once, I didn't like it much, mainly because I like to play multiplayer games with other people, and no one plays it.
Shoes...

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 01:32:45 pm »

It looks... like every other MUD out there. Just reading the help files, haven't played it, but there's nothing about it that stands out, just like any other MUD, with the Lovecraftian theme.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 01:35:58 pm »

I tried it, it seems its only lovecraftian in the name, the game's atmosphere is way too out of it, and its way too player friendly, you're basicaly given a panic button that can take you out of any dangerous situation.

I was expecting a gloomy, very deep horror experience. What I got was a super player friendly MMO that lacked anything vaguely loveraft-like except for the names.

Also, nobody, or very few people seem to play it.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.