Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mr Fortress Explorer.  (Read 2730 times)

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mr Fortress Explorer.
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 12:44:37 pm »

HA!  Is that a troglodyte stuck in the mist generator??  Wonder how he got in there... And I see the green spinny indicator in one of your screenshots, so is there something else in there with him?  Bad spawn Must have been sucked up through the pump.
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 01:23:29 pm »

Great idea writing this Qloos, - and even better that the fortress is the well known Severedcoils!  ;D -  Now seen from a completely different perspective.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 06:52:13 pm »

Yeah, this is kind of funny seeing misinterpretations of the purposes of various things in the fortress.  Makes one wonder what our own archeologists have gotten wrong.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 11:30:20 pm »

Just a bunch of Troglodytes stuck with the mysterious water apparatus. 

Journey log of Kon Hiņerobe, 7th of Hematite.  Inside the fortress.
As I finish praying to torture and gambling I head South at the junction, past what appears to be a mechanics workshop.

I wander by a bunch of side paths with 2 stills and a masons workshop as I peep inside.  My eye sight has been restricted since I entered this place so I can't tell what lay farther in.  I carry on South down this main hallway.

Suddenly this path ends and I reach a room full of lumber and a carpentry shop.  Apparently their wood workers eat little mushrooms that grow off walls, tasting one, I nearly puke.

I move about to the North East and I start to get lost, all these rooms look the same!
Spoiler: Theserooms! (click to show/hide)

Leaving these rooms, by heading to the North I run into some fortifications, inside a cave.  Why in the world would these loads of lard need fortifications inside their fortress?  I slip past on the side and enter a vast room with a pit in the middle.  This vast pit, the large area on the upper floor, the fortifications at the entrance.  This room is surely an arena, the human depicted in the engravings must of been thrown in here to battle for his life.

Spoiler: Arena (click to show/hide)

As we moved to leave this horrible room and host of screeches echoed from below.  Winged menaces flew up and attacked us.  The battle was fierce and quick, Gisu who has long since run out of arrows de-strung her bow and lashed out while I cut into their numbers.  I counted atleast 6 of them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

One of them was screeching for an awfully long time as it plummeted to its death into the pit.  Whatever, I'm outta that room.

Going back to that main junction I passed bins of leather, bins of cloth and workshops of every sort.  Noting other sets of stairs, We decide to explore, across, towards the West from the junction.

More boring workshops, narrow halls and storage rooms when suddenly my eyes open wide at the bright red wavy substance before me.  I jump back into Gisu's arm as we cower away from the typical Dwarven Magm- wait. . . it doesn't feel that hot.  It's just sand.

Spoiler: Magmasand (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 11:31:51 pm by Qloos »

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 01:24:19 am »

I jump back into Gisu's arm as we cower away from the typical Dwarven Magm- wait. . . it doesn't feel that hot.  It's just sand.

Spoiler: Magmasand (click to show/hide)

OR IS IT?!

Dun dun dunnnn...

...yeah, actually, it is.
Do it.
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2010, 10:33:12 pm »

Hey Qloos, are you still playing?
Do it.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2010, 03:11:58 pm »

Yes - I just dont do updates on days that I work.

Journey log of Kon Hiņerobe, 7th of Hematite.  Inside the fortress.  South Block Floor 1

I have finished scouting this floor, which seems dedicated to the labor of raw goods and manufacturing.  I'll check upstairs from the stairs closest to the main entrance. 

Journey log of Kon Hiņerobe, 7th of Hematite.  Inside the fortress.  Floor 2, stairway.

Oh look, moredoors.  One does not simply walk into moredoor, (without praying.)
Which way should I go?
North it is.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 04:15:39 pm by Qloos »

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2010, 04:11:55 pm »

> Armok demands you head north!
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010, 04:41:36 pm »

Journey log of Kon Hiņerobe, 7th of Hematite.  Inside the fortress.  Floor 2, North Block.

:o The Armory!  Bins and bins of armor and arms!  I thought for sure what I seeked was in this room.  That glorious Adamantine buckler.  But no, I've been cheated.  I grasp my new *Iron Shield* and =Obsidian Short Sword= and move North to a similar shaped room filled with finished goods.  Maybe there's a good ring in here for me to propose to Gisu?

I rummaged furiously in the bins as she raised an eyebrow at me, oblivious to my romantic intentions she claimed I was rummaging through junk.  But wait, what's THIS!

This is not a romantic place for such exchanges, I'll just hold onto this for now.

As I moved to the next bin, I looked back, [possible bug here.]  The same artifact I have pilfered was resting on the bin as if I never took it.  Checking my pocket it was there.  There were now two of them!  Praise be the god of gambling, now there is one for me and one for Gisu.

Checking the rest of the bins, another artifact.  This one contains a clue!

Spoiler:  Artifact with Clue (click to show/hide)

The Deified Furnace and The Flimsy Bins, two Adamantine Buckers of legendary value.  One or both will be mine.

There sure were alot of bins in this room, the next one was a sorry thing to descover.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2010, 05:17:30 pm »

Aww yeah hot human romance.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2010, 05:50:50 pm »

The duplicating artifacts is a known bug, unfortunately.  You should totally propose to Gisu with the human bone ring!
Do it.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2010, 06:41:54 pm »

Q the maniacal laughter

Journey log of Kon Hiņerobe, 7th of Hematite.  Inside the fortress.  Floor 2, North Block.

So I now have 1 crown, 1 amulet, 1 scepter, 1 miniforge, 1 piccolo, 1 ring, 1 mug and 1 Idol.

The far north area contains nothing but rocks.  So I head south a bit, to check adjacent rooms, and enter a OH GOD MY EYES!  GEMS EVERYWHERE!

Kunwhuzzuts?  Whatever.  Southblock contains unimpressive furniture stocks and paltry militia weapons.

It's time Gisu and I ditched this floor and check out floor 3.  But first I'' take a drink of that wine.  Tasted just like those mushrooms I ate earlier.  Dwarves have no pallet.

Journey log of Kon Hiņerobe, 7th of Hematite.  Inside the fortress.  Floor 3.

... just some axles which are still in operation.

Floor 4 it is!

Journey log of Kon Hiņerobe, 7th of Hematite.  Inside the fortress.  Floor 4 & 5.

Alright, it's a bit cramped but atleast it aint a dead end.  This wall is obviously constructed.

The stairs leading down go nowhere, so I take the stairs leading up.  Which is also a DEAD END.  From this fifth floor I look down the hole to the North of me.  It appears to be the other side of the constructed wall which drops to a considerable depth.  At the bottom I can make out hatch covers interconnected with mechanics, 

One of which is ANOTHER ARTIFACT.  "Spatterbasin" the dwarf who came up with that name must think he's pretty clever.  Must be a basin for liquid alright, liquid blood spatter basin.  No thanks, I aint jumpin down that.  Back to the main stairs and downwards to Floor 2 and then down more all the way to.

Journey log of Kon Hiņerobe, 7th of Hematite.  Inside the fortress.  Basement level 1.
Spoiler: Downstairs (click to show/hide)

Damn that arena has alot of floors.

Gisu and I stop to have a discussion about where to go from here, we just argued and pointed in different directions so we had to settle the spat with some rock paper scissors and go South.

As I go South I keep hugging the wall to my left as to not get lost, and erm, where am I?  This feels like a mining shaft!

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2010, 06:00:43 pm »

At least one lever is linked to the pump stack over the magma pipe and inside the unfinished magma trap tower.  It calls to you.  :P
Do it.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2010, 11:27:39 pm »

This image or video has been deleted by photobucket, :(

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2010, 12:20:09 am »

Yes, the moment I decided to stop updating this everyone decided to bump it to the top.  I suppose I should of locked it.
Pages: 1 [2]