Poll

what do we do?

Go to mountains now
- 7 (77.8%)
stay a whlie longer
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]

Author Topic: Dragon quest  (Read 13695 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon quest
« Reply #330 on: October 04, 2009, 05:02:24 pm »

Pick him up, fly to a volcano. Drop him in. Observe.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 04, 2009, 05:04:44 pm »

You still haven't said what the nature of our mage-sight is, why isn't it working correctly?
like you said we can't see the shape of the magic, only the effect.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 04, 2009, 05:08:59 pm »

Oh well, I guess better mage-sight will come later.

We're 45.
Yes, and how long do dragons live? (No, I don't actually remember what he said our dragon's maturity was. I thought it was adolescent though.)

> Look at mirror with normal sight. Then take out phoenix ash and use mage sight on it to see if it has any power that can be fed into the mirror.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 04, 2009, 05:10:23 pm »

Oh well, I guess better mage-sight will come later.

We're 45.
Yes, and how long do dragons live? (No, I don't actually remember what he said our dragon's maturity was. I thought it was adolescent though.)

> Look at mirror with normal sight. Then take out phoenix ash and use mage sight on it to see if it has any power that can be fed into the mirror.
Dragons are immortal.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 04, 2009, 05:14:42 pm »

>Look at mirror with normal sight. Then take out phoenix ash and use mage sight on it to see if it has any power that can be fed into the mirror.

you look at the phoenix ashes with your mage sight. they definitely have some magical power, although you are unsure how to transfer it into the mirror.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 04, 2009, 05:15:31 pm »

Which universe? The generic fantasy universe in my mind has dragons living about 5000 years, with the first hundred being like 1-21 for a human.

Edit: The forum didn't warn me about new post. I will now take a moment to review possible forgotten options.
Edit 2:
> Return to library and research magical transference.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 05:21:06 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 04, 2009, 05:40:56 pm »

> Return to library and research magical transference.
agreed.

After we are done with this we should try to find some other dragons. Unless dragons in this world are fiercely territorial. (dragons vary more from myth to myth than almost any other creature, magical or mundane)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

0_0 OH MY SCIENCE 0_0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 04, 2009, 05:54:33 pm »

???
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 12:18:04 am by 0_0 OH MY SCIENCE 0_0 »

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 11, 2009, 10:24:48 pm »

>research magical transference_

you go back to the library and read up on the transfer of magical energy.
"magical power needs to be either conducted into an object through an outside stream of magical energy, or hammered/rubbed in with an innately magical object. it helps if the object is conducts magic well. (conducts as in like metal conducts electricity)"

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 31, 2010, 07:44:21 pm »

*Preforms necromancy.*

> Return to the cave and gaze into crystal ball intently, with the poor wizard, your mirror, and the ashes running through your mind.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]