Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there any way/any program...  (Read 604 times)

holic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is there any way/any program...
« on: February 15, 2010, 01:16:59 am »

that let's me massively select items to be moved to trade depot?

I have A LOOOOOOT of random stuff lying around, cluttering my workshops and I want moved to my trade depot.

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any way/any program...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 01:28:29 am »

Make bins and designate stockpiles. Dwarves will put most anything into a bin if its in a pile, and then you can order 10 bins instead of 100 *rock crafts*
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 02:52:21 am »

Make a macro that hits select then down 17 (or is it 16? I think its 17) times, then set your macro repeat rate to 1. This lets you select 1 whole page on the "Bring items to depot" screen with a single keypress and happens nigh-instantly.

...Looking for my own version of that... Aha! Found it! 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Simply add the contents of that spoiler to the end of dwarffortressfolder/init/interface.txt, and then you'll be able to hit ' in menus to select many things with one keypress. With the MACRO_MS setting in the init file proper at something low (mine's at 1), it happens nigh-instantly, too.

Good gods was I pleased when I saw someone suggest such a thing. It's sooooo much faster and easier than the vanilla alternative.

Edit: Oh, I think you do need one of the 40d# versions for ingame macros to work... d16 is stable, and is what I use, so I know that macro functions in it.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

holic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 12:43:49 pm »

Awesome thanks!
I'll try this out.