Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FIXED_TEMP is for creatures, is there something similar for stone  (Read 928 times)

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Say I wanted to make a stone or metal that is warm or even hot (like say a radioactive metal that is undergoing slow fission or a magical hollow rock filled with magma). Yeah I know not much use for it unless you want to drain an ocean or something. No I'm not looking to make a stone that burns, melts or boils at below room temperature (I can make those if I need them).

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: FIXED_TEMP is for creatures, is there something similar for stone
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 08:54:14 pm »

yes there is lol it [FIXED_TEMP:xxxx] you wern't far off lol, if a rock that boils at room temp but stays at room temp won't kill anything, same as a room temp melting rock, i think you can set a [IGNITE_POINT:xxxx] don't know if that one works never tested, but the [FIXED_TEMP] on a rock has'nt given be any error logs

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 09:05:25 pm »

Some rocks have IGNITE_POINT in vanilla.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 09:26:38 pm »

yes there is lol it [FIXED_TEMP:xxxx] you wern't far off lol, if a rock that boils at room temp but stays at room temp won't kill anything, same as a room temp melting rock, i think you can set a [IGNITE_POINT:xxxx] don't know if that one works never tested, but the [FIXED_TEMP] on a rock has'nt given be any error logs

Yes the coal family has [IGNITE_POINT:xxxx], other rocks (and metals) have melting and boiling points. So you say [FIXED_TEMP:xxxx] doesn't generate any errors... I'll have to test this, delete all rocks but one type, have it be all layers (except soil), set the temperature of it to the same as the !!clowns!! and try mining it, if the miners die in the heat I'll have my answer.

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 09:56:01 pm »

No burning Dwarves, No boiling ponds (I never tried to make a pond a garbage dump before...), but no error for it either.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 05:55:22 am »

If I remember correctly, the fixed temp of the rock is only used to determine if it's a liquid, solid or gas.  It doesn't actually alter the temperature of the tile the stone is sitting in, sadly.
Also known as Zuhayr.