Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Magma + Water + Midflight = rocks?  (Read 2616 times)

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magma + Water + Midflight = rocks?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 01:57:49 am »

Because a raised bridge has to be built on a floor tile
No it doesn't. Or rather, it does, but you can trick the game into thinking it doesn't. Or rather, you can't, but you can trick the game into letting you remove the floor tile afterwards.

Specifically, construct a wall. On top of that constructed wall, build the anchor side of the drawbridge. Then, deconstruct the wall. Then, as long as the bridge is supported from a side, it'll float, working exactly like a normal drawbridge, except that it no longer needs to be anchored.

...I know it works with floodgates, and I'm pretty sure I've used the trick with drawbridges before, so I'm pretty sure the trick works. It's an "unintended feature" of the game due to the somewhat-wonky status of the tops of walls as floors yet not.

Edit: Just checked. It works.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 02:00:50 am by NecroRebel »
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Magma + Water + Midflight = rocks?
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 10:01:54 am »

Awesome.  And just in time.  I was planning on making a multi-story portcullis.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 [2]