Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Age  (Read 485 times)

ragnaroki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not sure if this belongs here but I was looking for a tweak/small mod that would disable aging for my dwarves and tamed animals in DF. I hate replacing characters and animals in games.

If anyone could help me i would be extremely grateful

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Age
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 10:56:33 pm »

I don't know about giving them immortal life. Maybe removing the age tag, but idno how old that would work.

You could however say, set their life span to 10000 years or whatever you desire.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 10:59:56 pm »

Remove the [MAXAGE:?:?] tag and that should render them immortal to age.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ragnaroki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 11:08:17 pm »

thanks i2amroy, I was being totaly blind and didnt notice any tags with age in them. I see it now thanks

Eagle0600

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 05:34:45 am »

Yeah, neither Elves nor Goblins have that tag. I don't see any other tag that could be responsible.
GENERATION 21:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.