Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Couple of suggestions  (Read 781 times)

Core Xii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Couple of suggestions
« on: April 02, 2007, 02:57:00 am »

Scheduled tasks - You could add tasks to objects that are to be executed at specific times, such as each season, etc. (automatic farm re-flooding, sewer flushing in 3D, etc.)

Trade requests/demand - You could make requests for specific items to caravans and stuff, they would observe themselves what you're running short of and show up with that. Now, seeing as how I haven't got to the human wagons yet, dunno if that's already possible :P

Immigrant control - Like any civilized party, you should be able to control how many immigrants your fortress accepts directly (as opposed to... just getting "rid" of the problem... *cough*). I realize you can tweak the init config to technically peak it, but that's quite impractical innit?

One last thing... Aqueduct sizes. I noticed they don't size like bridges do, instead, they're always an odd number of units in size. This was particulary frustrating as I had layed down careful plans for a 6-wide aqueduct over the chasm, only to find out I can't fit such a width into my plans. Not being able to remove the channels on each side either... eh.

By the way, friggin' awesome game! Has a bit of a learning curve at least at its current state, but awesome once you get into it. I'd be playing it right now if only I could use magma forges in practical locations (splitting your fortress isn't very effective and I wouldn't care choosing between wood or magma)

Reality is for people who lack imagination