Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Civ forge VS Legendar Lands  (Read 1330 times)

SugaSuga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Civ forge VS Legendar Lands
« on: January 17, 2010, 03:50:05 pm »

Which is better? Looking at the wiki I like how civ forge has a page with its features so Im kind of leaning towards that, but I dont feel like trying both out, so I would appreciate if anyone could give me some advice. Couldnt find a page on this topic, even tough I am sure there have been before. Thanks in advance for help and (hopefully) no flaming.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Civ forge VS Legendar Lands
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 03:53:17 pm »

Try the ultimate mod, I tried it and for a new it's awesome :D. It has the most content you ever want. And metallurgy/gem info in rtf files.

Also, both mods you've mentioned are cool.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

SugaSuga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 04:06:48 pm »

Ill look at it, but could someone please tell me on specifically these two mods?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 04:36:05 pm »

What do you want to specifically know? "Which is better" is not a question. Both are good.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 05:01:47 pm »

I'd make two different folders of DF; one for Civ Forge and one for Legendary Lands. Try out a fortress in each, and then decide on your favourite. It really is a matter of opinion.
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 01:02:50 pm »

Which is better really depends on your play style. Civilization Forge was designed to add more variety to the game. It can be a bit harder then vanilla DF, but depending on the world you gen it can actually be easier. From what I've heard, Legendary Lands was designed to make the game much more challenging.

So I guess it depends on how much 'fun' you want in your game.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 01:09:20 pm »

And what's wrong with Dig Deeper >:(?

Nah, just kidding, all the mods are excellent, you should try them all ;D.

But seriously, go Dig Deeper right now or the orcs will get you!
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

A Dwarven Smokeologist

• Bay Watcher
  • Shortcut to Mushrooms
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 01:12:28 pm »

Indeed, unless you're dying tomorrow I suggest making several DF folders and enjoying as many of them as possible. Even the slightest change can have some wonderfully fun effects you might not find in another mod.

Might be easier to answer your question if it were asking which one was better for Adventure Mode vs Fortress Mode (which I still wouldn't have the answer though).

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 01:15:58 pm »

For adventure mode all of them are cool, also you should try Ultimate Mod. Total conversions are good for adventuring too because it's the mode where you see all the modded attacks and weapons directly.

I wouldn't recommend the Mega Mix mod for a real fortress due to lots of unwanted effects of lots of mods in a heap, but the same feature makes it very enjoyable in the adventure mode.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬