Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Friendly megabeast — what to do?  (Read 3413 times)

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly megabeast — what to do?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 06:14:09 am »

I kind of have the same problem. But with a Blue and Red Dragon (Those who frequent "What's going on in your fort?" will know what I'm talking about.). They are both uninvited guests, so they still attack my Dwarfs and are affected by my traps. But they don't do anything, unless something wanders nearby. I have plans for them, but they caused me nothing but trouble. Either they die or kill a Dwarf. In both cases, they're useless to me. But now I think I've found a way to make them survive. I'll boost size, damblock and speed. And maybe attack, but that'll be a bit overkill to the bloody orcs.

Also: b>C>* constructed things are indestructible. No matter what.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Fishbulb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 10:14:13 am »

Man, are you absolutely sure about that? Last night I was trying to wall in my uninvited guest, and I got "Wall toppled by Omo Onoos!" over and over again.

Maybe he was "toppling" walls that had been designated for construction but that hadn't actually been built yet? I didn't think of that at the time.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2010, 10:28:30 am »

Holy Mittens had a Blue and Black Dragon (I think) show up at the fort Cacame Awesomedinade was living in.

One was friendly. The other was not.

Epic battle ensued.

I haven't played Fort Mode in a while, though, so I've never had friendly megabeasts show up.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2010, 10:35:23 am »

It definitely was under/designated for construction walls, constructions are immune to hostile creatures.

I think this problem was caused by the [POWER] tag and [MEGABEAST] combined (assuming they have that) because I remember hearing about finding friendly demons on embark, and have myself embarked on a site with a friendly dragon, that may have been modded to have [POWER].

Alrenous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2010, 06:54:05 pm »

Man, are you absolutely sure about that? Last night I was trying to wall in my uninvited guest, and I got "Wall toppled by Omo Onoos!" over and over again.

Unfinished constructions are not invulnerable. I suspect Omo was happily munching on wall designations, though you'd have to check to be sure.
It started raining, then all my dwarves outside started bleeding to death. On inspection their upper bodies were missing.

Fishbulb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 09:41:20 pm »

Yeah, that's a distinct possibility. Things were happening pretty fast. What I thought I saw was masons rush in to put up walls around him, then just after the last corner was finished, he pushed right through the wall and moved on to his next snack.

What probably happened was he got bored just before that last corner went up.

Next time — god forbid — I'll give him a wider perimeter.

Are building destroyers attracted to things they can destroy? He certainly acted like he was. When I had the idea of baiting him with furniture, he went for it like it was floor pie.
Pages: 1 [2]