Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Grrr Argh! Leather Reaction Sytax Problem  (Read 1494 times)

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grrr Argh! Leather Reaction Sytax Problem
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 10:37:42 pm »

hay if you want to e-mail the files over i could take a look at em. i made a few little mods for DF so i'm sure i could do some error checking for ya. nicholasneko@yahoo.com

Thanks but I have it down to 3 errors right now. I may post those here if I can't figure them out on my own (Sunday night or Monday).

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2010, 10:38:54 pm »

Show your woolly mammoth creature entry please.

Also it should be:
[PRODUCT:100:1:SKIN_TANNED:NO_SUBTYPE:LEATHER:MAMMOTH_WOOLLY]

Thank you. Not as bad as the BLOCK instead of BLOCKS one.

[Edit] The woolly mammoth was in someone else's mod (several additional files, added many fortresses ago, it has never generated an error, so I doubt that is the case (especially since the mods I have for bones and meat do not generate errors off the same creature).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 10:44:58 pm by sunshaker »

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2010, 10:41:49 pm »

The problems I have had with my raws files are:

1.  Filename not exactly the same as the name at the top of the inside of the file.  I have been caught by plurals, for example.

2.  Forgot the [OBJECT:THINGY] statement.

3.  Filename not one that DF understands.  This one is a very subtle error because DF will compile such a file into the data/objects directory.  It just does nothing with the information afterward.  It only seems to understand filenames starting with "creature", "matgloss", "item", "reaction", "entity", and any other beginning to a vanilla raws filename that I have forgotten.  I found this out when I tried to start mine with "ring", eg ring_reaction.txt.  DF ignored the contents even though it compiled the files.  It should work because the header statement says what kinds of objects are inside the file, but it seems that the code that handles the raws isn't quite polished yet.   :D

Had those errors myself in the past, this is something different. using cut and paste to move reactions arround, worked in one file, failed in a different one. Could be a hidden character, could be hitting the reactions/file limit (will play with more on Monday).

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2010, 09:46:15 am »

Could be a hidden character
That's why I use "Notepad++" and similar text editors which show all formatting and symbols, because sometimes even the difference between TABs and spaces may be deadly.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 [2]