Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forum Game - The Forum Game  (Read 1367 times)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Forum Game - The Forum Game
« on: August 10, 2010, 06:51:14 am »

Logging onto the Bay12 forums, you scroll your way down to the forum games section, as you have done many times before. But this time is different!

Today, you shall not merely read or post in other threads - instead, you shall create your own foum game, and what a game it shall be! The posts will number in the thousands, the references to it will be plentiful, and it shall earn a place in the hall of legends thread! Truly, it will be a forum game to rival all others!

Filled with excitement, you click on the "new thread" button.  You start typing the details of the forum game, but your mind draws a blank. You certainly had an idea, indeed you had many, but you can't recall anything. The only certain thing about the forum game you can remember is that it had three compents: A Type of game, A Twist on that game concept, and a Title.

Concentrating hard, you try to remember:
What was the Type of game?
What was the game's special Twist?
What was the game's Title?

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Game - The Forum Game
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 07:25:27 am »

RTD
twist: you play as the son of god/s and/or monsters.
demigod RTD
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 07:26:37 am »

Dwarf we dont need two of those

Type: Sci-fi rpg
Twist: Humans are the bad guys
Name: The war on nukes
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 07:27:41 am »

we need as many as the machine can process.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 07:30:01 am »

This, except that the nuke is sentient and the humans want to launch it (you).
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 08:01:22 am »

This, except that the nuke is sentient and the humans want to launch it (you).
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 08:28:58 am »

Type: Zombie survival.
Twist: Co-dependant but self perpetuating turn structure so that no GM is required. Each player draws the results of their action from the posts of others.
Name: The game that wouldn't die!
Nature: Vile abomination that infects other threads and can never be permanently destroyed.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 08:48:38 am »

Ah, yes! A sci-fi RPG! Those are wonderful games, you have played many before. Far in the future, technology beyond anything we have today,  you are no longer bound by your setting- anything can be explained with the excuse of advanced technology.

And the plot is wonderful. It is a truly moving piece, of quality far beyond anything seen by mankind before. Oh yes, you chuckle to yourself, it is truly a work of art! The aliens invading earth premise has been done many times before, and some would say it is exhausted. But in a stroke of genius (and it truly is genius,  even somone as humble as you would have no choice but to describe it as that), you have reversed the plot, so it is Humans invading the earth

That alone would have been an incredible plot - blowing the mind of anyone who comes across it, and astounding your players with your creativity and original ideas, but you have taken it one stage further, with a twist that even you are amazed by. Not only are the humans that bad guys, but the players play the part of a nuclear weapon system controlled by the humans. Oh yes. If the previous plot twist was genius, then this one is beyond it - even to use it in the same language would be a crime. Once the others see, they will agree, oh yes. They won't mind at all, in fact they will be gracious - There will be scores of them, each begging to be allowed to contribute but one word to the new language of glory - and that's a rather conservative estimate.

For now, though, you will wait for some players to join, and give them a while to get acquainted with the game. Once they are ready, however, you have something special for them, the first development of the plot - It will no doubt blow whatever remnants of their minds there are which have not been blown up to this point (and there can't be much left, there's been a lot of mind-blowing so far). Or at least you would, if only you could remember what the first plot twist will be...

What was the First plot twist?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 09:16:44 am by ed boy »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 09:14:25 am »

The setting becomes the villain, the villain becomes the hero, the hero becomes the romantic interest, the romantic interest becomes the comic relief, and the comic relief becomes the setting...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 09:21:32 am »

The humans aren't actually evil, they are trying to save you from a creation of yours that is actually evil.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook