Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The [DEEP] Token  (Read 819 times)

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The [DEEP] Token
« on: January 16, 2010, 09:57:40 pm »

Ok so it controls what goes with the HFS and makes metals unavailable for purchase from traders. Now suppose I want to have a gem show up in raw adamantine as flavor (or maybe for a few choice reactions).

Does it need to have the [DEEP] token as well? If it is lacking the [DEEP] token will it be available for purchase from the traders? Do multiple minerals all tagged [DEEP] show up on the same map or is it limited to one material for each HFS?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: The [DEEP] Token
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 10:10:48 pm »

I can answer one of those questions. If you have multiple minerals all tagged [DEEP] then only one will show up per HFS. As to the others, I don't have a clue.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 10:35:53 pm »

Traders should only get materials their parent civ can access, and since they can't access the DEEP stone, they shouldn't be able to access a gem only available in the DEEP stone.
Try it without.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 11:04:25 pm »

A modders trick for never letting anyone get their hands on a material (I always use this for my exploding materials, for item_corpse purposes) is to make it a metal and add the [DEEP] tag. Because, the hidden fun stone is just stone, and you can't possibly mine out metal. So, you'll never be able to find that material.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 03:49:44 am »

Moderately relevant: I got an adamantine pick from elven traders once, what happened there? The elves were modded but the metal/stone/hfs in general wasnt.
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 05:35:25 am »

Moderately relevant: I got an adamantine pick from elven traders once, what happened there? The elves were modded but the metal/stone/hfs in general wasnt.
Sometimes when creatures can absolutely not find any relevant materials, they'll take whatever they can. This leads to glitchy use of deep metals.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.