Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: You need to get this mod pack  (Read 2507 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: You need to get this mod pack
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 11:30:52 am »

Sorry for the double post, the previous one was getting crammed.

http://dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Temperature_scale <- This helped a lot.   Apparently, these clothes are set to ignite at the same temperature that water becomes liquid.  I suppose the modder thought this would make a "cold" fire that wouldn't harm the dwarves.  Now to see if removing the temperature thingies will change things or horribly destroy the world.

Result: crazy world.  Reclaming my fortress gave me a massive human army at my disposal, embarking to another place gave me goblins.  Of course it wouldn't be that easy xD  The problem is most likely due to the empty spaces left from me using find->replace to get rid of the temperatures.  Can't figure out how to make Microsoft Word or Notepad remove entire paragraphs, so maybe changing the temperature to something more tolerable, like the exact temperatures of dwarves themselves, will suffice. 
Result: changed the ignite points to 70000, 10000 below their boiling points and so on.  Embarking resulted in elves  ???  Started as an adventurer... fiery clothes still have their "burn you alive" status.  edit: oh yeah, apparently I've corrupted my game so that every embark has anything besides dwarves... unless all my dwarven civilizations have died out, which seems possible by spontaneous combustion ala enchanted clothing.  I'm keeping that world for safekeeping, but I'm going to miss the potential that fortress had T.T

Simple enough to fix ths. Just remove [civ_controllable] from all entities other than the dwarven one.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 11:58:09 am »

Related to the above, I don't think any of your modding made that odd "Embark" bug. It happened to mine without changing anything after installing the mod.

Excellent mod though, I enjoy training up a wrestler so legendary he can roundhouse kick something to death.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2009, 12:51:43 pm »

the embark thing is because all the races are playable I think.

The simplest way to fix this is probably to remove the "Mcfiery" plants from the world, since they're probably the ones that cause this random flaming clothing of infinite pain. It's in the raw  "Matgloss_plant_magic"

Either that, or just make every race fire immune; though you'd still have random buildings and other clothing burning.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2009, 06:02:02 am »

Ok, removed the fiery plants entirely and also successfully embarked as dwarves only.  Went well enough for a while (adventurers were dying to giant wolfmen instead of their own Boxers of Burning Vigor) then the game randomly crashed, didn't even give an error message.  I don't care though xD  This mod is awesome and difficult, I'm going to keep playing for sure.

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2010, 02:24:44 pm »

Just to let you all know, the clothes that burn you alive problem was fixed.

Revised version now available
This is a version of the Extended version above.
Changes:
- Issue with magic cloth fixed.
- Added new minerals, and a new metal. Look for a peat-rich location.
- Tweaked stats on the More-Oh monsters, added three size variants, including a semimega version.
- Made the More-Oh mod optional. It always was, but now it's official!

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=35123.0

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 10:47:04 am »

Oh, time to notice, hehe. This mod was one of the first biggest mods ever, and Sean Mirrsen is one of the best modders and pioneers of the DF modding. Well, better late than never. ;D
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 [2]