Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d16] Infinite artifact resale in reclaim  (Read 1466 times)

Venatius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d16] Infinite artifact resale in reclaim
« on: September 03, 2009, 01:06:14 pm »

Start a fort. Produce an artifact (or several) in that fort. Abandon it (I did so during an invasion, no idea if that's relevant or not). Reclaim it. Reclaim artifact. Said artifact can be offered to traders. However, even after the trade is complete, the artifact does not actually enter their possession, and can be "sold" in this manner repeatedly. Giving it over as an offering turns the text green and seemingly prevents doing anything further with it (as far as trading goes - it can still be removed from the depot), but it still remains on the fortress' side of the trade screen.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 01:12:13 pm by Venatius »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: [40d16] Infinite artifact resale in reclaim
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 01:11:19 pm »

There's a known bug with artifact duplication when adventurers visit abandoned fortresses.  Usually what happens is that the artifact is sitting in a bin, and when somebody tries to remove it from the bin, one artifact stays in the bin and another comes out.  Make sure that the traders aren't taking a duplicate away with them.

Venatius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 01:13:20 pm »

No, there's no (apparent?) duplication. The traders don't have the artifact listed on their screen at all.

Cardinal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 08:43:14 pm »

Sorry to thread necro, but I noticed that this was still a question, I can confirm that you can infinitely resell a previously created artifact picked up after reclaiming an abandoned fortress.  I searched for this bug, and found this thread, my apologies if this was hashed out in a more recent thread.
Engraved is an image of a Human and a video game. The Human is making a plaintive gesture.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 02:41:52 am »

my apologies if this was hashed out in a more recent thread.

Not to my knowledge.  Thanks for the corroboration.