Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So...what now?  (Read 673 times)

gopa4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So...what now?
« on: January 12, 2010, 11:08:21 pm »

I've just completed my first mega project. I diverted the local carp filled river into massive storage tanks thats pumped up into more storage tanks up 2 z levels above ground into an aqueduct that heads over my walls and dumps into my stone garden. It then flows into more storage tanks, that are engineered to eventually overflow and fail drowning everyone.

But, until that happens, what now?

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
Re: So...what now?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 11:13:27 pm »

Find a way to dump it on invaders. or merchants. or Elves.

gopa4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 11:16:10 pm »

Its already in my courtyard (which is my statue garden) so when it overflows, as does my trade depot. But I guess I could divert it directly overhead and just dump it when I want.

loser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 11:52:07 pm »

Is that a megaproject or just a project?

I don't mean to marginalize the OP, but I've thought of that sort of thing -- and of all the things I've done -- as significantly less-than-mega-progects.

I mean, I see the visualizations of megaprojects and they're massive or artful or something.  My towers and water-towers and pressurized magma-towers and various death-to-the-invader contraptions have looked more like low-rent industrial parks.
ΘπÆ┼
What are you doing in my home?
It's a difficult question to answer.

gopa4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 11:54:00 pm »

I guess it could just be a project, I just thought of a plan to make it a mega project though, I'll build a pyramid out of silver/bronze then route it through the center or it. Thanks, for putting my project down, it inspired me to do more.

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 06:06:13 am »

Wow. As far as I've seen, this is the only forum where someone reacts to somebody else who put his work down by thanking them.

On topic: begin a new project. Try to make every Dwarf as unhappy as possible, without a tantrum spiral.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Raging Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • The mouse has become enraged! *DOUBLECLICK*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 07:30:04 am »

I'd suggest a slightly modified version of that - try to give every dwarf as many unhappy thoughts as possible without tantruming. Something like installing the misting system and the graveyard in the meeting room should do the trick.

Edzako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 07:45:33 am »

Where can you actually use pressurized magma-towers  ? Can that spew magma several tiles away or shoot magma stream in great fountain upwards ?

Dorf3000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 09:55:01 am »

Wow. As far as I've seen, this is the only forum where someone reacts to somebody else who put his work down by thanking them.

Oh, I've seen forums like that.  It was all "Thank you Mistress, more please Mistress, I've been naughty and need to be punished"  etc.  Very boring.   ;D

I had a tigerman get elected mayor and he promptly mandated 3 bowls of cereal.