Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Good RPGs / RPGs with Changing Character Looks  (Read 2070 times)

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Good RPGs / RPGs with Changing Character Looks
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 03:38:49 pm »

or Diablo
Sorry, what? I can agree that BG and Fallout have not too much sprites (although more than enough for the amount of armor so it's not an issue), but Diablo II was always famous for it's different looking equipment, and it held the n1 on that aspect for a looong time.

You really have to squint to see them. The equipment is quite generic. And every Diablo clone does it much better than Diablo II. It's good for back then, I suppose. But I don't really get any fun out of it. Unlike in Temple of Elemental Evil or Dungeon Siege, where you can actually brag about how they look.

I think he's simply talking about the drastic different between, say, plate and chain, or leather and nothing, etc. There was very notable visual difference (in Diablo II) between padded and leather, leather and chain, chain and breastplate, breastplate and plate.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2010, 02:55:30 am »

Oh, yeah, that I noticed. It's still nothing compared to say, Neverwinter Nights (2), where you could pay to dye your armor or modify how it looks like. Or Dungeon Siege, where you can watch your guy bash people with a chair leg and wear a pot on his head. ;D

Anyway, no more suggestions about games that are that detailed?
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Pathos

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 01:37:30 pm »

I WOULD appreciate some more. :3

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 02:28:50 am »

Runescape maybe? I actually made a hobo guy just to fight with practically no clothes on. Too bad the combat level thing gave him away :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 02:57:50 am »

The Sims.

:P
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Pathos

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2010, 07:11:21 pm »

No more?
Pages: 1 [2]