Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Disabling Parties?  (Read 532 times)

Roostre

• Bay Watcher
  • DF addict since 2009
    • View Profile
Disabling Parties?
« on: January 14, 2010, 10:24:07 am »

I've come to dread the message, "Urist McImportantguy has organized a party at granite table." I hate it with a passion.

Constant partying on the part of my brewers and other such providers of food has doomed my second fortress, with a few dwarves dying of starvation and a tantrum spiral ensuing as a result.

I'd love to know if a mod exists (or if a little adjustment can me made to the game files) that stops dwarves from partying. Mass dwarf death isn't fun for me when it is directly caused by dirty stinkin' slackers.
Quote from: Ronnie James Dio
Beware; you've found the answer.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Disabling Parties?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 10:28:11 am »

The behavior itself may be hardcoded, but you don't need a mod to get around it. Just don't designate a room as a meeting space and use area designations for meeting areas instead.

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 03:37:38 pm »

You can just Free the room (f on the table) to stop any and all parties. They will make another someday however.

P-Luke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 04:26:37 pm »

You can just Free the room (f on the table) to stop any and all parties. They will make another someday however.

only if you make a (in this case) dining room a meeting hall.
Just don't designate diners as meeting halls, and don't create zoo's or statue gardens, and you'll be just fine.