Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d16][adventurer] cannot go to escape menu while dead, unless game pauses  (Read 879 times)

Arrkhal

• Bay Watcher
  • Who modded in these flying killer attack babies???
    • View Profile

After dying in adventurer mode in 40d16, the game uses up an entire core while in "real time" mode, and I cannot get to the menu by hitting escape.  I can only either kill the dwarfort.exe process, or wait and hope that something happens to pause the game, producing a [done] message, like "the wolf spits out the human chunk [done]".  If there's a [done] message at the bottom of the screen, the escape key works.

This happens with or without any extra mods, and did not occur in 40d11.
In development: Arrkhal's Material and Weapon balance
Please test and let me know what still needs fixing.  And get these freakin' babies offa me!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

This has been very widely reported and will be fixed in either the next 40d# release or the upcoming version of DF.

Arrkhal

• Bay Watcher
  • Who modded in these flying killer attack babies???
    • View Profile

Oh, whoops.  Didn't see any other reports, at least on the first page here.
In development: Arrkhal's Material and Weapon balance
Please test and let me know what still needs fixing.  And get these freakin' babies offa me!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile

Many/most of the d# bug reports get put in its thread rather than the bugreports subforum.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Could we maybe get a bugfix release for this soon?  It's taking a lot of the fun out of adventure mode to know there's a 60-80% chance your guy will just come back to life (And even if you don't bring him back, all his actions are still lost)
Shoes...

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile

last I heard d17 was out of Baughn's hands and into Toady's.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

Could we maybe get a bugfix release for this soon?  It's taking a lot of the fun out of adventure mode to know there's a 60-80% chance your guy will just come back to life (And even if you don't bring him back, all his actions are still lost)

This request isn't going to accomplish much since Toady hasn't had time to read Bug Reports for a while.  Rumor has it that there'll be a 40d17 before the big release, but we'll see.