Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Personal Contact With Armok  (Read 1717 times)

wormplayer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Personal Contact With Armok
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 08:15:23 pm »

Alright, so I misinterpreted the message. After finding a HFS (something I wasn't even looking for), I've come to realize the true meaning of the call given to me by Armok.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He is a dubious worshipper of Agakunib the Fondness of Squids.

Lost Requiem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 09:35:53 pm »

Alright, so I misinterpreted the message. After finding a HFS (something I wasn't even looking for), I've come to realize the true meaning of the call given to me by Armok.

Armok is too elaborate for his own good. Does he not realize that Dwarves do not own helicopters? nor do they have the balls to ride giant eagles.

He should really consider Rorschach in their food. It worked on us.

Or, since these are dwarves, perhaps Armok should try engraving the signs on a door? Dwarves do admire many doors in their lifetime. It's the perfect opportunity for some HFS. Our 'God' did that, too. Armok should take a few lessons.

EDIT: Oh shit! I just got a sign from Armok!

But what does it MEAN?!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 10:39:58 pm by Lost Requiem »
Lost's sanctuary for Lolis.
Quest Complete! 41/31

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 01:34:35 am »

...Awesome.

Ravenplucker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 01:57:28 am »

That wins.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 02:07:45 am »

So there I was, minding my own business, making a new fortress in order to mine some of the local adamantine, when it happened.

The digging of the workshop room began without a problem. My two miners, Led and Ilral, were working quickly and efficiently. I saw no problems, until I saw THIS:

I immediately figured out that this simple pile of unmined stone was actually a message. It was the image of a bear being dropped into a fire, delivered straight from Armok to my miners. I must collect every animal on the map, including goblins, elves, and vermin, and drop them into a fire (fire being magma, in this case). I will abandon all other tasks in order to complete this goal, and set every dwarf to the monumental goal of creating tons upon tons of cages to house the sacrifices to Armok.

Has anyone else here had a deep and personal contact with the great Armok, a call, of sorts, to do his will?

What is there left to say but...

DEUS VULT!
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.
Pages: 1 [2]