Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Djohaal's dump!  (Read 553 times)

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Djohaal's dump!
« on: January 10, 2010, 08:41:17 pm »

Aka shameless self-advertisement to my deviantart account!

http://djohaal.deviantart.com/

Anyway to preview it here's one of my latest renders, huge image warning though...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you noticed I'm on an hiatus since december... mainly due to dwarf fortress actually, although I might give VUE some kicks and try rendering some worldgen landscapes once I figure out how you export them....  :D
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: Djohaal's dump!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 06:35:39 am »

Guh-

That's... that's...

Vester cancels post: interrupted by Awesome.
Vester has been struck down.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 12:56:30 pm »

Holy Moly from Guacamole! I quickly looked at your deviant art page - and I really love the speedy version of picture you posted here. I really like the light effect on floor and walls. Would you care to post a tutorial on that? Pretty pretty please?
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 12:57:54 pm »

Holy Moly from Guacamole! I quickly looked at your deviant art page - and I really love the speedy version of picture you posted here. I really like the light effect on floor and walls. Would you care to post a tutorial on that? Pretty pretty please?

That original drawing is not mine, I did the 3d render based on it.

Vester: Thanks  ;D
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 03:01:42 pm »

Ah ... sorry, I did not notice. This however does not change my opinion - great work!
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...